Fun at Publix

i went to publix to get some stuff i needed to cook this weekend. i had picked up one bottle of wine (merlot, for marinating some lamb shanks for tomorrow….more on that later), garlic, a thick cut rib-eye, and powdered sage….i was heading to buy some beer when i looked up and BAM!!!! cute brunette, face-7/body-8/personality-?. she was literally 2 steps in front of me about to pass, she saw me looking, i smiled and said, “well hel-LOH”, and watched as she walked past me. she looked back and grinned. i got my beer and went to the checkout line and unloaded my crap. i was waiting to check out when i heard a voice behind me say, “steak night tonight?” it was the cute brunette. i surprisingly said no, that tonight was grilled lamb shank night, then realized that that was tomorrow night. i had jumbled my thought process because she surprised me. i shook my head and said, “no, yeah, tonight is steak.” and i laughed. her name is melissa.

“grilled lamb shanks, that sounds REALLY good. how do you cook them?”, she asked. i explained the marinating in wine and herbs over night them cooking them over indirect heat for about 1 and 1/2 hours and serving it with a pomegranate glaze (i’m not using the glaze….i was BS’ing to impress her). she mentioned that that sounded, “really good.” i laughed a little, “no darling ‘really good’ is the wrong way to describe my cooking” and that “big plate of awesome was getting warmer.” she laughed and asked me if that was what the wine was for. i told her it was, then she asked if i use a specific type of wine. “well, i like a merlot because it has a fuller body, and pairs well with the gaminess of the lamb.

this was pure and utter BULLSHIT, i just grabbed a cheap bottle of yellowtail.

then i noticed it, the big “X” sharpied on her hand. she was 18-20. NOT a LTR canidate. she had gone to “ladies night” last night.

it was time for me for pay, so i paid and she mentioned having to give my cooking a try  some time. i got digits, of course i did. i’ll keep you posted.

7 Comments on “Fun at Publix”

1. Johnny says:

I love lamb, looking forward to your recipe and plz pictures!

Man I wish I could get into these situations that you do with random girls at random places. So much to learn.

dude…i’d be willing to bet (unless you’re a shut in and never leave the house) you have more than one instance where you can chat up someone….ANYONE, it doesn’t matter. like Yohami likes to say…..”game everyone”. it’s true, i flirt with EVERY girl i come in contact with.

in this particular situation, i knew she was interested so i asked for her number. in 90% of the cases you come into contact with a woman, she’ll let you know if she’s interested. this is why understandng IOI’s is important. i threw out a cat call, and checked her out, she noticed and smiled back. she got behind me in line and opened a conversation. i took control from there.

from here on out dude, i want you to talk with every woman you come into contact with for more than 2-3 minutes. cashiers are money because they HAVE to talk to you. you don’t have to hit on them, just talk. comment on her necklace, “i like that….what made you wear it, where did you get it?” neg the necklace, “i don’t like it, it clashes with your eye color.” ANYTHING, it doesn’t matter…..if she keeps the conversation going, mention having to run, but you’d like to talk to her again sometime and tell her (don’t ask, tell her) to give you her number. if she doesn’t….don’t sweat it, just shrug your shoulders and say, “cool, your loss.” tell her to enjoy her day, and bail.

the lamb recipe will be posted tomorrow. and yes…..there will be pictures.

• Jack Dublin says:

2. Johnny says:

Noted. I have so long left in DEP, might as well learn this before heading somewhere with no opportunities most of the time.

please do. you’ll be better for it in the long run. and trust me, navy girls are shit. you’re gonna need massive game. read roissy 2008-2009 for the best pointers. navy women (especially on a ship) have such a massive entitlement complex that game is the only solution.

i landed my gf on my boat with negs and a steady barrage of push-pull. but, in the end, i really didn’t care if she liked me or not.

college of charleston should be your primary hunting ground. stick to that area. i had MUCH success there.

3. Lainey says:

“Well said. Game everyone. Not just the hot chicks, makes you too outcome dependent. Game the old ladies at church and everyone down the line. If you can’t make a grandmother smile or get a grocery shopping housewife to give that ‘oh you tease’ grin, then the attractive ones are a bitch to overcome.”

Exactly, plus life is much more enjoyable when people are friendly to one another and acknowledge each other a human beings. 🙂