It’s NOW that time of the Year.

first and foremost, big up to my Tigers for getting it don’t against Arkansas. GEAUX TIGERS!!!!! they  DECISIVELY stomped the hogs.

secondly, i  wanted to take a moment to say, “God Bless the US Navy for allowing me the privilege of coming into work today when the rest of the base was closed.” i did one xray, and the clinic saw 5 patients all day. but they closed early…..yuppers, a full 30 MINUTES EARLY. fml. well, the day was saved when i noticed they brought Christmas movies in Dental. they let us borrow them which leads to this post.

What are your favorite Christmas Movies? i have 3.

1. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.

CLASSIC. too many hilarious scenes to name a fave. the second clips slays me EVERY TIME.

2. A Christmas Story

again…..CLASSIC movie. i LOVE this one. if you don’t likethis movie, you’re either a Communist, or not from this Planet. the commentary is what knocks this movie outta the park. it’s a great slice of Americana. the second clip could be called “male social dynamics…..in the 50’s. lol.

3. Charlie Brown’s Christmas Story.

this one is a sentimenatal favorite. Linus’ speech at the end is so beautiful. they need to play this to kids every year. since the true meaning of the Season is SOOOOOO lost now. i wonder if any of my parenting Reader’s watch these with their kids?

other notable mentions:

Elf, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (Yukon Cornelius is my BOY!!!!), Emmit Otter’s Jugband Christmas, Die-Hard, Love Actually (chick flickish, but it’s got tits…..eat me), and in a shameless suck up to MissMalice……Nightmare before Christmas.

this is when i fell in love with Zooey.

this is FUCKING GENIUS. i KNOW DogSquat is with me on this one.

so….what are some of your favorite’s?

8 Comments on “It’s NOW that time of the Year.”

1. Bellita says:

Christmas Vacation is my favorite of all the National Lampoon Vacation movies. It doesn’t matter how many times I’ve seen it; I laugh until I’m on the floor every time.

2. Mark Slater says:

I was rather concerned about Arkansas, didn’t think they’d be made into Tiger Bait so convincingly. I would cautiously suggest that our beloved LSU is without rival in a manner not seen since the days of Billy Cannon. GEAUX TIGERS!

“Christmas Vacation” is a staple in my family.

Clark Griswold: “Here it is, my long awaited Christmas Bonus”
    {rip rip rip}
    Clark Griswold: “Here is your complimentary membership in the Jelly of the Month club.”

“it’s the gift that keeps on giving Clark.” lol.

our tigers are definitely a 2nd half team. once we were in a 7 point game, i knew we had it. the Tiger’s NEVER looked back. BRING ON BAMA IN THE DOME!!!!!!

3. Nightmare Before Christmas is certainly cute; and I have a book version of the Charlie Brown Christmas one. It’s so adorable.
    I think last year I watched Heathers, though. Yeah, I’m weird when it comes to the holidays.

“Yeah, I’m adorable when it comes to the holidays.”

fixed.

i could always take you to Attrition or the Dungeon for their Christmas fun. pain tribe will be there. lol.

4. socialkenny says:

I generally hate this time of year since I don’t celebrate Chriatmas.

I don’t think I have a favorite Chriatmas flicc.They all succ to me.

well, i can assure you i SHAN’T be carorlling, putting up a tree of putty some faggoty christmas hat on my Dog. my girl Sophi watched while i went home last Christmas and texted me a pic of Brody with a Santa hat on. and he looked MISERABLE. i wanted to keeeeeel her. i’ll see if i can find the pic when i get home.