Why I have Guns

One of the readers told a story on my last post about her SOF hubby who defended his canton. Her story reminded me of 2 similar situations, both involving Beth.

One night Beth and I were heading into the city for some fun. Now, back when I was stationed in NO, I carried a gun. I had a license to carry. Beth HATED that I had a gun on me. But it was one of those “take it or leave it” issues. So….we’re in the quarter, and we hit a red light on the corner of Royal and Canal. Now, Canal Street at night can be VEEEEEERY sketchy. So as we sat waiting I was scanning everything. Well a fight broke out on the left side of my car and eventually ended up on the hood of my car.

Fuck.

I grabbed the gun and told Beth to NOT unlock the door until I told her to. She PLEADED with me to not step outside. “Baby, I HAVE to deal with this.” I stepped out the car and heard the door lock. I told the guys to please get off my car and before I could finish talking I heard behind me, “If I were you whiteboy….”. That’s all I needed to hear. I pulled the gun and fired it in the air twice. The crowd dispersed. I tapped on the window with the gun and Beth unlocked the door. As we sped away I weaved throughout mid city. Beth was very upset and flustered. “Baby, where are going?” I told her we couldn’t go straight home since we might be being followed. Then it hit me- GO TO THE BASE.

I informed her we would be sleeping in her room that night and she happily agreed. Once we arrive at her Barracks I started to unwind. My hands were shaking and Beth immediately started with the girly stuff. I was fine; I was just really concerned for her. And for the record, we had EPIC sex that night.

About a month later, Beth and I were fast asleep at my place. It had to be about 2-3am. When I sleep, I’m OUT. Lol. Well, Beth wakes me up and is noticeably alarmed. “DANNY, DANNY, someone’s at the door.” At first I dismissed it, and then I heard a key going into the lock. I placed Beth behind the bed, grabbed the gun and laid on top the bed facing the door. As the door opened, I waited until the man had completely walked 2 steps into my apartment then chambered a round.

“NO NO NO NO!!!!! DON’T SHOOT!!!! DON’T SHOOT!!!!!!”

I told the man to shut up, turn around, and kneel. He complied. I walked over to him, told him to take his wallet and throw it behind him. This is when I heard a woman berate him for coming inside. The guy was a maintenance man. The apartment 2 floors down burst a pipe and I didn’t have water. Said he knocked twice, but neither Beth nor I heard it, so he decided to come tell me in person.

What a moron.

The next day I reported the incident to the building management and the guy was inevitably fired. Beth and I discussed what happened and she told me she wouldn’t feel safe in NO if it weren’t for me. Well, Beth was from LA. Seriously; EAST LA of all places. But she moved and was living in trendy west LA. After the man left she and I lay in bed talking and she was VERY submissive, which was uncharacteristic for her. She was feminine for sure, but she’s very…..well, Mexicana. Lol. But she did usually defer to my decisions. She told me she never really had a guy protect her before and she could definitely get used to this “southern man” quality. She thanked me a few minutes later in a manner I won’t get into here. Lol

Stay up.

mossburg 500 persuader

AK, ruger P95, mossburg 500, 30-30, .22 long rifle, my hunting knife. back in Louisiana this collection is, “cute”. i’m sure Carolina will look at this and say, “aaaaaw” lol.

31 Comments on “Why I have Guns”

1. Spacetraveller says:

Danny,

This is true: most (especially younger) women are unaware of danger until they are right in it. I notice that men do a lot of ‘scanning’ around quite naturally. And this they do very well with their ‘tunnel vision’ and it requires utmost conversation – which is frustrating for an accompanying woman who may be upset that he is not really following the conversation anymore. She only realises what he has been doing for the last 10 minutes when he suddenly pulls her out of harm’s way seconds before she could have been killed…
    I know, I know, extreme example lol.
    But it illustrates my point perfectly. The suddenness of the situation is usually what leads to the stunned reaction from women, quickly followed by the submissiveness 😀
    Um, theoretically speaking…

ST- Had I shot him as he walked into the apt, I could legally shot him. Had he run out the door, I couldn’t CHOOT’UM!!!!

When they run or flee, they are no longer a threat.

I’ve been informed by neighbors that there has been an increase in break ins, and with school being back in session criminals are casing house to learn what houses have both parents working so they can break in. I’m not worried.

Brody’s ALWAYS home. And he loves to bark.

• Spacetraveller says:

Danny,

I must admit, like your ex-gf, guns also make me nervous. Miss Marie’s story of almost shooting her father is one of the reasons I am nervous about guns.
        And culturally too, I am just not used to guns.
        British police still don’t carry guns.
        We are not a nation of gun-carriers.
        Although…with the rise in crime we might have to consider that option lol.

Having said all of the above though, I recognise that a man would see the world differently from me.
        Switzerland is like the USA in that you are allowed to have a gun in your house with the right paperwork. But I haven’t actually yet met any Swiss who do.
        Perhaps the farmers/hunters/bear country area inhabitants etc. would be more likely to own guns?

It’s great that a man is protective. But I just don’t want to see his gun.
        Am I a coward in this regard?
        Yes. I admit it.
        But I don’t know how else to be…

2. just visiting says:

These are great stories! And yes, I don’t doubt it brought out submissiveness and desire to show her gratitude. Genuine acts of courage and male protectiveness can leave an impact on a woman.

She said that what really surprised her was how quickly and decisively I reacted. And she acknowledged that I HADN’T been there, she’d be helpless.

That was the first time she had ever felt that helpless.

3. Gwen says:

“The crowd dispersed.” LOL Yeah, I’ll bet they did!

the ex (when i was living out here) HATED that i had guns in the house. but she knew exactly why i had them. my current list of ladies…
      WASR AK-47
      mossburg 500 persuader (home defense)
      mossburg 500 (turkey/duck/quail gun)
      ruger p95 9mm (home defense) hold 15 +1 btw
      winchester lever action 30-30 (deer gun)
      henry .22 level action long rifle (small game and plinking)
      the bow (deer, turkey, and fun)

ah hell….i’ll post the ladies.

4. MissMarie says:

I almost shot my own father when I was 12. He told me where the pistol was and if someone was breaking in to useit. Well, he came home sick when I was home sick too and didn’t call first. He found me in my closet with it pointed right at him! He called after that 😉

One of the policemen I know was telling me the other day how easy it is to bust women speeding and blowing stop signs – we don’t scan like men do and don’t even notice the cop sitting there. I noticed I do it myself, never even thought about it.

5. Jim says:

Started collecting in 2000. Bet you don’t have the fancy paperwork with the tax stamp on it.

• Andrew Medina says:

That’s why he’s got the fancy stock on his AK.

Can’t wait till I get this new revenue stream up and going. My first present to myself will be a Mac-10/9 with a Lage upper. And that fancy paper work.

6. The Navy Corpsman says:

Just a quick note… be careful telling the whole world all about your weapons. I’m reminded of the old collector of antique firearms who was shot with his own Single Action Army Colt, or the young girl who posted a pic of herself holding 100 dollar bills and was robbed the next day.

Not even going to mention the concern that the ATF might start confiscating weapons as soon as the govt decides to take them away.

The Navy Corpsman

7. Gun control is one of the stupidest ideas. We need guns to protect ourselves.

One night, me and my husband were awakened in the middle of the night by an aggressive pounding on the door. I looked out the peephole and it was two skeezy guys I didn’t recognize.

My husband had his gun in hand, pointed at the door. One of the guys started to KICK the door down, but right then someone yelled to them from the street. “That’s not the right house!” They left.

Turns out they were drug dealers looking for money for drugs they fronted one of my neighbors. We could have been killed.

This is why you need guns, right here. You never know what is going to happen.

• just visiting says:

Exactly.

Yup. Remember the Connecticut Dr. That had his wife and daughters raped and killed when escaped convicts broke into his home.

• I do remember that story. Disgusting. Those sickos killed the mother, tried to kill the dad, raped the girls and tied them to their beds, then set the house on fire so they were burned to death.

Dad needed to have a gun and shoot them. The problem is, we are brainwashed into thinking that someone in your home is only there to rob you so you do what they say and just let them take your stuff. There is no education on what to do when someone is there to kill you.

8. […] Danny From 504 – 3 Stellas, Playing With Girls And The Golden Rule, GAY GAY GAY, Peacekeeping And Man Hamster, Why I Have Guns […]

9. Stingray says:

Why a 9mm and not a 40 or 45?

10. Stingray says:

I was just going to write back that with 15 + 1 you wouldn’t need a 40 or 45 and you beat me to it. Just curious.

11. koevoet says:

Nice rifles there. I had a very similar instance a few years ago with a couple of fighters that decided the hood of my car looked like a boxing ring. I didn’t even have to get out of the car, thank God. Chambering the vz52 convinced them that the hood of their car was a better place to have their fight. I don’t know who won, I decided to get the duck out of fodge.

12. Jacquie says:

I was away when you posted this so I did not get to respond. We don’t have as impressive of a collection as you have but we do have a few. The last purchase my husband made was a couple of years ago. We had (and may still have) a pretty real threat, not something imminent, but it was something that heightened our alert just the same. Knowing not when the threat might become a reality or where, Mr. D purchased a ‘Lady Smith’ for me and some ammunition. I already had my CC license so I could carry the .38 in my purse. He then took me to the range a few times to fire it and get used to how it feels. My youngest daughter fired it at the range with as well in the event she might need to use it. I know that when my husband is with me I am safe and he will defend against any threat to what is his, and it is also good knowing that he wanted to be sure that I could take care of things in his absence. Protection and provision all the way.
    Ps—thank you for the anniversary wishes.