Filthy Sailor’s

I was having a conversation regarding an episode of “it’s always sunny in philadelphia” where charlie was dating a tranny. the “guy” looked like a hot girl but had a penis. the discussion went on and i finally chimed in, “it’s not gay if she’s post-op.” one guy heartiliy disagreed. me and a few other guys rationalized with him that- she’s hot, zero masculine traits, good body- not gay.
the guys reading this probably already know where this is going.
after a few more minutes the one guy finally relinquished, “yeah, i guess i can see you point. i guess i’d be cool with.”
my boy Jae (aka WarMachine), who was sitting with his back to us- not participating in the conversation blurted out immediately, “fucking homo.”
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
we all pounced and had a good laugh. dude was making the face. ALL GUYS KNOW THE FACE. it’s the face that show’s you’re busted, and have no defense. you don’t really see women doing crap like this. but good girls, women worth being with, understand and appreciate this as “guy stuff” and leave it alone.
____________________________________________
one of the women that works in the hospital is VERY pretty. nice face, great body, sweet little twang to her voice, quite feminine. well, as us guys tend to do we were talking about which women in the command that we found attractive, which in man-ese translates into, “i wanna fuck”. YES, we guys do this ALL.THE.TIME. now the guy i’m talking with has a gf. but this is just how guys talk when among other guys. well, as we’re naming off the girls, he brings up the woman i described above. we were commenting on how she’s cute, cool, seems sweet…then i HAD to bring it up.
“yeah man, but that moustache.”
my boy DIDN’T even hesitate and let out an, “i knooooow.” there was a VERY distinct dissapointment in his voice as he said it. it’s the sound one makes when a guy sees there’s a scratch on his car. you’re eating a meal….GREAT meal. then you see a hair. ROOONED.
the conversation then morphed into WHY she didn’t remove it. “dude, it’s not like you don’t know it’s there.” it’s pretty sad that this ONE characteristic tarnished our opinions of this women. of course it’s not surprising, we all know by now how men are visually keyed for attraction. we notice the shell, it draws us in, then we begin the scrutiny. is it fair? NO. it just is. honestly if not for this ONE little flaw we saw on her, we’d have NOTHING bad to say about her. but no. we are FIXATED on that one little gaffe on her upkeep.
Patrice offers some insight.

29 Comments on “Filthy Sailor’s”

1. MissMarie says:

I shouldn’t have watched that at work! lmao

2. Danny,

I am at work and can’t see the video yet, but I had to chime in on this one. I’ll comment again when I see the video tonight.
    It’s interesting that you and your buddies are quite fair on this…
    In this girl’s case, it IS something she can fix, so you expect her to.
    I remember you mentioning an equally pretty girl a while back (I think she was a cashier at your local supermarket) who had a scar or something like that on her neck, and you were quite happy to ignore it, and if I remember right, you said something like ‘it didn’t detract from her intrinsic beauty’.
    I found that endearing.
    And I think it’s interesting (if not enlightening!) that men do this.
    Even though you are all (mostly) visual.

3. MissMarie says:

I’ve never understood women not taking care of the mustache if it’s noticeable. It’s not hard to get it waxed, nor especially expensive. Stings a bit, but not horrendous. I see it often actually.

4. ASF says:

What about hair around your nipples? Is that something you ladies worry about? I’m not talking about peach fuzz either.

• MissMarie says:

We worry about everything, lol. Personally, any longish stray hair anywhere gets plucked. If I noticed any in that region I’d certainly remove them. I’m not a total grooming nazi (probably should be more diligent) and I’ll often wear my hair up under a ballcap and not manicure my nails, but I always get my eyebrows waxed on schedule. It’s only $10 and it totally changes your appearance, which is why I don’t understand neglecting the mustache. Luckily mine is blonde and light so it’s not noticeable, but if it were dark you can bet I’d get it removed. And to be fair, I work with truckers all day and am not in the market for any of them, thus less ‘polish’ everyday.

5. Caelaeno says:

Hey Danny, speaking of sailors, how would you say most guys feel about it when a woman swears?

6. Emma the Emo says:

I kinda have a moustache, and I waxed it off for my boyfriend. I asked him what he thought, but he said he didn’t notice any difference and didn’t know it was there. I did it a couple more times anyway, but noticed it leaves a rash in the shape of waxing strips and seems to promote wrinkles. Not sure what to do now.

You’re doing the right thing Love. You’re a good egg.

The bf is a lucky fellah.

• MissMarie says:

If he didn’t notice I’m sure you’re fine. If you really think it’s dark and want to do something about it for yourself I’ve seen bleach, but never used it. Did you exfoliate/use a scrub the days after you got it waxed? Usually that will keep the rash from showing up, or most places have ‘sensitive’ wax they can use. Just in case anyone else out there reads this and wonders.

7. […] 504 – Ethnic Game, Fuck You, Frito Lay, Etouffee, The Art Of The Three Way, Never Say Die, Filthy Sailors, White Knighting, Training A Future Wife, They Start So […]

8. The Navy Corpsman says:

Is this the wrong time to confess that I have a mustache?

The Navy Corpsman

9. Derrick says:

Lot’s of otherwise reasonably attractive (I wouldn’t say “cute”, I’ve had a grand total of 5 girls on my ship that I found attractive enough to ‘potentially’–never did–date) girls that could get some male attention from a lot of guys if only they didn’t have these mustaches.

I don’t know what it is that attracted a lot of high-T girls to military service.