Into the Locker Room: Male Aggression

i wanted to kick the girls out of the locker room, but then realized i needed their opinion on this one.

The Stir had a post about the shooting in Aroura that a friend of mine responded to. then there was a nice article at The Spearhead that i read and wanted to discuss because, as some of you may know…..i’m one of the blog dickbag fight jerks of the blogsphere. i have ZERO problem taking things to the physical plane.

last night’s post prompted me to post this, i’ve had it sitting in “drafts” for a while, so now…after last night, i’ve decided to take this one on.

i have a protective streak a mile wide. i have ZERO doubt that i’d protect the women in my flock; be them family or SO. but that’s me. i’ve got PTSD and a propensity to fight, so i know how i’d PROBABLY react.

but most men today aren’t me. well, the same website that published this article, routinely TRASHES men for being too aggressive (and trashes men in general truth be told). so when i read the article that TRASHES men for running away from danger, i immediately had my BS meter go off. then the Spearhead published the article they did and i HAD to post the 2 articles. especially after my post about bringing a woman into a forest.

it pisses me off how men are cowed and have their aggressive sides tied down, but in cases when we NEED to be aggressive, when we’re EXPECTED to. fuck you women. FUCK.YOU.

you want me to be a teddy bear and be a nice pretty little lamb….but then be a wolf when the situation calls for it. SORRY girls, it doesn’t work that way. you want a man that will keep you safe, he’s RAISED that way. you want a sheep, well……he’s probably being raised now. i live in the south and out here guys are guys. if we have a dispute….we take it outside and handle it. after it’s over, we have a beer and forget it.

out here MEN are the gate-keepers of the physical. WE FIGHT, if we need to. women…..DON’T. they nurture. it’s a very basic and symbiotic state. when my baby sis had an issue in her marriage, my mom made a HUGE effort to tell the FB fam NOT to mention the issue because if i got wind go it, i’d have driven to NO first chance i got and would have beat the fuck out of my brother-in-law. and as my mom explained to me, “i didn’t want my son in jail.” she know’s me. but at the same time.

she also know’s that i WILL go out of my way to keep her safe. i mean, she raised me that way. lol.

so i ask, do you ladies want a wolf, or a cow? seriously. i KNOW what my ex’s would say. but i don’t know what you’d say. how do YOU feel about male aggression in regards to protecting his people?

;

23 Comments on “Into the Locker Room: Male Aggression”

1. Danny, you are always going to get a selfish answer out of us on this issue lol.

Of course we want a wolf.
    But we don’t want the wolf in jail.
    So the wolf has to find a way of being a wolf who is free and not behind bars.
    Does this make sense?
    Having said all of the above, I would still prefer a wolf behind bars than a free cow. But that’s in extreme cases only 😀

I post this stuff because I don’t know of another blogger that hunts or fights.

But I do know, deep down, you girls tingle beyond explanation around men that you KNOW will fight.

I know you don’t want me in jail. but at the same time, you love knowing that i can keep you safe if need be.

am I wrong? Sent from my iPhone

2. anon01 says:

title: aggression with 2 gs

3. My brother is the same way. He is a family guy. That is why I never call him for anything. I work out my own issues.

Manhood is not a switch you can turn on & off. Women want Manhood on Demand. No way.

4. Sis says:

Nothing is more handsome than when a man protects his woman.

5. A.B. Dada says:

Actually, there is a reward mechanism that is actually required of life called “successful aggression” that is necessary in both males and females.

Females perform ‘successful aggression’ using make-up and skirts and push-up bras. males perform ‘successful aggression’ by chumping their competitors.

In a hormonally-healthy hetero male, ‘successful aggression’ is not just a choice, it’s a requirement. Our brains and hormones beg for those actions.

6. driversuz says:

Aggression frightens people; it’s supposed to, and its it’s an excellent survival trait. What people either forget to fear, or don’t recognize, is malice.

If your aggression is not malicious, people who criticize you for it, are thoughtless. They take for granted their security – security won by someone else’s aggression. They don’t have to be on high alert, because people like you ARE on high alert.

“Softer” people may not want to be constantly exposed to aggressive people, because it can be stressful. I understand that, but I also recognize the VALUE of aggression. I have no business turning my nose up at what keeps me safe.

Exactly.

• just visiting says:

I’ll second what Suz said. I think most people in the sphere know my views on this. And you cannot train up a boy on bike helmets and playdates and foam balls and wrap them up in cotton wool and then expect that boy to be the kind of man who would run toward risk or danger when necessary.

At the same time, a man is not a dog on a leash, content to heel and then sick em on order. It’s incredibly disrespectful. You want a lap dog, get a chihuahua. Otherwise, have some respect for the man who would fight for you.

• Stingray says:

Otherwise, have some respect for the man who would fight for you.

Absolutely, JV. Trust that he knows when it’s time to turn on and stand the hell back. Most women will never know when to turn it on (unless it’s patently obvious) and we’re not meant to.

7. Caelaeno says:

Hmmm. I second Spacetraveller about not wanting a man in jail. And I don’t want someone that’s constantly going off–stupid fighting’s just as bad as not being willing to fight (neither individual would appear particularly reliable to me). That being said, I’d like to think that if some guy was threatening me or being physically, em, presumptive, my SO would OWN his sorry a**.

I feel like both genders need to protect each other, just in different ways. Women should cover their men socially (aka talk him up to everyone she knows), and men should cover their women physically (aka beat the tar out of someone that is seriously threatening her). Unfortunately, in real life, there are a lot of women that disrespect their husbands/boyfriends, and there are a lot of men that won’t protect their wives/girlfriends. Pity.

8. The Navy Corpsman says:

Some quotes from the movie “A Few Good Men”:

Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who’s gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago’s death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to. (emphasis mine)

Col. Jessep: Walk softly and carry an armored tank division, I always say.

Sometimes, even when Hollywood is attempting to dishonor, disrespect and disgrace the military, they unwittingly provide incredibly good reasons why they’re the ones with the problem.

The Navy Corpsman

9. Jacquie says:

A man’s choices are his own. A woman needs to stand back, shut up and support. Aggression is only frightening because we don’t see it in today’s culture displayed in a positive manner. I see aggression in a man as a positive trait; assertive, energetic, bold. In a woman I’ve only seen negative aggression. It is not considered a feminine trait therefore our current culture (cough, feminism, cough, cough) has tried to eliminate it completely. Wrong. I could go into how much we drug up our young men and boys to make them compliant, but this is not the place. I understand what Danny is saying, men should be men everyday, commanding the respect that is due them. Anything less is wrong. Current culture has redefined aggression to suit its needs. This is just plain wrong.
    No I would not like to see Mr. D in jail, but if that is the point he is feels he needs to go, when taking actions he deems necessary then I will stand back, shut up and support him…oh, and show up with the bail money.

10. MissMarie says:

You already know my thoughts 😉 I do have to make sure that I watch myself and don’t let it look like I’m in trouble if I’m actually not when I go out with my friend, he will throw down in a *second* if something’s afoot, and I don’t want him in jail. It’s also really nice to know that someone has my back.

Like was said above, you can’t keep a wolf on a leash – you respect that. Otherwise, get a puppy.

11. Emma the Emo says:

I want a cat. Cute and cuddly, but smart and has claws. Perfect combination of cuteness and aggression. Like Puss in Boots.

12. […] Along, Meet Stephanie, She’s Single. . ., Taking A Women Into The Wild, Trying To Make Peace, ITLR: Male Aggression, Krav You Very Much. . ., Repost: Cookies, Vietnamese Steak, Some Guys Just Don’t Get It, You Can […]

13. […] depends on why you fight. Danny from 504 has a good article on why he fights. He describes how he would throw down at the drop of a hat to protect the women of his flock. As […]