Dating in Your 30’sPosted: September 24, 2012
As I’ve stated before, I love when the wimminz sites do the heavy lifting. This gem comes from a site that I troll JUST WAITING for shit like this. The following is an article giving ladies advice about dating in their 30’s. Emphasis mine.
Dating in your 20s is a whole ‘nother ballgame than dating in your 30s.
Times change, we grow and learn, and frankly, I wouldn’t go back to those days if you paid me (okay, if you paid me a LOT I might … maybe). [Keep telling yourself that Sister.]
Being in your 30s comes with a lot of pretty rad changes – you’re wiser, you’re smarter, you’ve learned what you want and what you don’t, and you’re ready to find someone worthy of you. Because you’re awesome. [Talk about hamsterbation]
Here are some tips for dating in your 30s.
1) Opt for men, not boys. Men in their 20s are a different breed from men in their 30s. Like you, they’ve gotten their lives together and are ready to find out what they want from a partner. [Well, no shit. I do believe I’ve said before that a guy in his 20’s should just be about learning what you want/need from a woman. Besides, the older you get the more and better options you have. So ladies, if you’re in you 30’s….you MIGHT wanna shoot for 40 yo dudes]
2) Learn to let the small stuff go. It’s NOT all small stuff (contrary to the popular book), but there are a lot of fights you’d have had in your 20s that you’ve now learned are NOT WORTH IT. [Fair enough, just realize that this equates for 90% of the shit in the relationship]
3) Look for a partner who shares the same values and beliefs that you do. It’s a vital part of any relationship, but in your 30s, you’re more likely to know what you stand for. Find someone who matches that. [Sorry ladies, but in your 30’s realize if he has a job, and can be respectful….GRAB ON]
4) Relax if you haven’t found Mr. Right. You’re now older, sexier, wiser, and MORE full of the awesome. You don’t need to rush in and out of relationships as quickly as you change your nail polish. [BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA . SHHHH hamster. SHHHHHHH. There there. Niiiiiice hamster]
5) Enjoy those quiet moments alone. Dating in your 20s has a lot of we! must! spend! every! second! together – but dating in your 30s? You can enjoy those moments alone, doing what YOU want to do. [See above]
6) Don’t settle for less than you deserve. You’ve done it before – we all have – but it’s time to look your relationship in the face and ask yourself “is this what I want?” and be able to answer it. [I’m assuming the answer is “a man” which implies human; guess what toots- you ain’t perfect either]
7) If it’s not working, and you don’t think it’s going to, dump him. Yeah, it’s not particularly NICE to be so harsh, but really, why waste YOUR time on someone who is decidedly NOT worth it. [Fair enough. Enjoy the cup-o-soup for one with kitty, and your weekly book club meeting while he’s drying his eyes with a 23 year old temp]
8) Remind yourself that it’s okay to be weak in front of your partner sometimes. It’s hard, when you’re used to doing things your way, to want to behave as though you need someone. Relationships are always give and take – remember that. [Again, don’t you love the way women have been built up to be super human monoliths of power and strength. Please Ladies, be a girl. Ok.]
I forgot to add. Apparently myself and Deti are now amusement park attractions. lol. I made attraction 13, and i’m a big, scary, haunted house. AAAAAAAHHH!!!!! I van to thuck youhr blood.