My Bankee

when i was a kid, Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw had a blanket that i adopted. it’s a Snoopy and Woodstock camping blanket. i OWNED that shit. it was MINE. it had so much sentimental value and reminded me of being a kid in my grandparents home. i LOVED being there. some of the best memories i have are in that house- with cousins, aunt’s, uncles….etc.

well, when i was home recently, my mother informed me that she found the blanket and it’s now covering my lap as i watch tv. i can’t believe i have my childhood bankee again. but i have a question-

what do you ladies think about sentimental male shit like this? is it endearing, sappy, or a turn off? personally, i don’t care. i just want a female perspective on it. i have a piece of my childhood back. a thing that brings back too many memories that i cherish.

i’m a dork. i know. lol.

my Snoopy bankee. fuck you, don’t judge me.

23 Comments on “My Bankee”

1. sosweet2362 says:

I think it’s great Danny. It’s proof of your softer sentimental side. I have a stuffed animal my aunt gave me when I was 5. I don’t care what anyone thinks about it…it’s mine!

2. Fuckaire says:

Danny “Linus” from 504

3. TexasSAHM says:

That is so endearing and awesome. It holds wonderful memories for you and any woman who has a similar sentimental item will completely relate. My husband still has a stuffed dog from his childhood that our girls play with now. It is so sweet.

If you pretend like you’re guarded and slightly protective of it, you can’t go wrong.

‘Danny, what’s that?’

“Nothing.”

‘No really, is that a snoopy blanket?’

“It’s mine.”

‘Aw, you have a blanket!’

“It’s mine and you can’t have it.”

And so forth.

Bonus points if you rub it tenderly on your cheek and say ‘It’s okay, blankey. I won’t let the bad lady get you.’

‘Don’t make me cut a bitch.’

5. MissMarie says:

Totally endearing.

Awwwww

6. redpillwifey says:

I think it’s endearing and cute. As long as you don’t insist on sleeping with it. Then it’s weird. πŸ˜‰

7. Suz says:

If you were a wimp with no game, the phrase “Mama’a Boy” might come to mind. Since you are in fact somewhat irresistible, most women will see it rather like they see Brody – it indicates a sweet side, at the very least. And lets face it, you aren’t carrying it around in public, are you? By the time a woman sees it, she’s already in YOUR territory. Voluntarily. It says, “Stable childhood, secure in his masculinity, playful sense of humor.” combine that with your killer Game instincts, and what’s not to love? I predict weak knees.

Any woman who finds it “creepy” or juvenile, is terribly insecure. Use it s a test.

8. themrs says:

It would make me think that you appreciated strong family ties and would lead into a nice conversation about memories involving said “bankee”. Can’t really say that it would evoke an emotional response, positive or negative, from me. Vitcomtes bit would be hilarious touch

Now, if you said you were going to save it for your son or nephew…that would do me in. There is just something about a manly man who knows how to love a child πŸ™‚

My MIL gave my husband a few things she saved from his childhood and it is obvious that he enjoys watching the kids play with them.

9. stormy says:

It’s cutie. πŸ™‚

10. MadMav says:

Still have my first Teddy Bear. He is sitting in my closet right now holding a backup pistol. Ted is awesome!

11. Spacetraveller says:

Danny,

Suz is right. Because you are already alpha, something from your childhood makes you MORE endearing, not less.
    A woman who sees you as beta, (does such a woman exist, you may ask, lol) or doesn’t know you yet may be at best neutral about it, or turned off by it.
    So it is best to unleash Bankee when you already know the woman.

This sort of thing is a great tell that a woman loves you. If she sees baby pics of you, how does she react? If she loves you she should be ‘cooing’. And (unless you proceed with that vasectomy – THIS IS NOT A DIG AT YOU, I PROMISE!!!) she will be thinking…hmmm, I wonder if our sons will look like that when they are born πŸ˜€

If she isn’t thinking like this, you should be asking yourself, why not?…

12. I dig it. I had a Transformers Blanket from when I was 3 that, though never used, I kept until we moved recently. I get it.

My daughter actually sleeps with the same bunny blanket that my wife had as a baby.