The Pussification of the American Male

I have a steady eye on the going’s-on of today’s modern world. I watch the kids of the up-coming generation and have learned a sad lesson.

We’re fucking doomed, and most parents are doing children a great disservice.

Girls are spoiled rotten from the day they get home from the hospital. They’re crowned princess the second they are born…..and they are even treated like one. There is simply no telling little girls no. By the time they’re 5, their ego’s are the size of an elephant.  It is what it is and currently explains why most women today are just not worth committing to. They’re self-centered narcissists and bring little to the relationship front aside from sex.

Men however, well, I think we’re watching the most feminine men ever. There’s nothing we can do about the feminist teachers working for the public school system, no…..what’s frightening is the role that many MOMS play in this little trend. Every scrape is a catastrophe, every fall life threatening.

And it makes me sick every time I witness it.

I see it  ALL.THE.TIME. especially at work, but I shall refrain from any examples. I shall instead provide examples from my neighborhood.

One of my neighbors has twin boys and a 9 year daughter. His boys will grow up to be straight playboys. They rough house and wrestle with me. Hell, my MOM raised me. Unless I needed stitches or something was OBVIOUSLY broken. I got a hearty, “Oh quit your crying you baby.” And I was your typical boy. I was ALWAYS into something. I sliced my knee open while jumping the bike on one of the trails. My mom came to the front door as I limped back to the house with my knee cut open and bleeding. My mom slapped me on the back of the head lightly and scolded me. Then she took me inside and cleaned the wound, and told me to get back outside and play.

I have a neighbor who about once a month comes to ask me if her son needs to go to the ER after he fell, hit his head, sprained an ankle, or has a slight fever.  This boy is so coddle that he whimpers at ANYTHING he does, she’s basically raising a girl. I have to explain to her that boys fall down. But when they insist that they bring the child to the ER “just in case” and I explain the long wait and spending 5-6 hours to get an ace wrap and some motrin, go ahead. The boy is basically a girl with a penis.

And I see mother’s (usually single mom’s) doing this all the time. They’re emasculating boys all over the country. It’s a damn shame. The one’s REALLY getting screwed over are the future generations of women. The men being raised the exact OPPOSITE of what women are attracted to.

The best and only advice I get on raising a  boy from my father was this.

“When you were a baby (I was mommy’s first child, she was 19 at the time) and you were crying at night, when it was my turn, I’d check your diaper, try and feed you, and if you refused I’d hold you a few minutes then put you back in the crib and go back to sleep. This drove your mom nuts, but I’d reassure her you’d fall back to sleep. Within 5 minutes you were out.”

Of course I can’t blame new mom’s for being so protective and hyper vigilant. I get that. Especially a new first time mom. But when you have 3-4 kids and every time junior falls you throw a hissy fit. Yeah. No bueno.

A friend of mine had her son at the local. She had her sister and mom in tow. Boy ran to the video game, tripped and fell. Her sister ran over excitedly and went WAAAAY over board. Mom walked over, picked him, patted him on the ass and said, “You ok silly. If you break the floor I might have to sell you.” The boy laughed and  proceeded to the video game.

Mom stopped by to say hi to me and the bartender and manager (both have boys) added, all of us in unison, “Yeah you gotta correct your sister, that’s NOT how you react when a boy falls down. She said she doesn’t, but grandmaw and Sis coddle him. Then I added my gem from Major Payne, “Yeah, she needs to pop that titty out of boys mouth. Matter of fact, send it my way.” Mom and my friends laughed.

I know my red-pill mom’s are WELL aware of maintaining their son masculinity (as well as their dignity), so I doubt any of them raise a little fem-boy bot that wants mani-pedis.

Stay up.

81 Comments on “The Pussification of the American Male”

1. So true, Danny…!

But I don’t think even those mollycuddled boys will turn out as feminised as you think. There is a ‘correcting switch’ present in boys that helps them reject the feminine (in themselves) by a certain age. So there is hope for them.

However, I am not sure if there is a ‘Nature’s way’ of dealing with overly narcissistic women. THAT’s the major problem as we are all finding out in this current SMP…

I used to think motherhood ‘cured’ narcissism in women, but I’m afraid I have seen that this is simply not the case (in many women). In fact, this tendency could be augmented beyond all recognition with motherhood. Prevention is better than cure in this regard.

Parenting is a bigger task than I first imagined 😛

i watch the way “men” act around their wives. most of them are whipped dogs, and simply revert to “what mom said”.

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 6:40 AM, dannyfrom504

• Yes, I have seen this too, sadly. Quite painful to watch!

• M3 says:

Horrible effects of propaganda and conditioning like watching Home Improvement with Tim the Beta Taylor and being bombarded with phrases like “Happy wife, happy life”.

Abandon all hope ye who enter here and make sure you leave your balls at the door.

• AAB says:

‘most of them are whipped dogs, and simply revert to “what mom said”. ‘

Like they use their wife as some substitute mother or something. It reminds me of something I read from a Marxist (of all people) who wrote this back in the 1960’s; so it seems that the whole ‘women emasculate men’ thing has been around for atleast two to three generations:

>>Bourgeois Family/Bourgeois Ideology

The apotheosized model of U.S. worker-husband trudges directly to and from his job. If he is a “good husband” he returns directly to the house, or to a second job. In the house the “good husband” becomes an appendage of his mother-wife; he reprimands the children at her command—he becomes the stern, reproving father at her command, and ceases this mock-Jehovah role also at the command of the ruling mother. He carries out the garbage, runs the errands, and otherwise certifies the supremacy of the bourgeois household, his pathetic, secondary robe as a mere appendage of wife-mother’s house.<<
        (http://www.ex-iwp.org/related001.php)

• Richard Cranium says:

Every time I come across one of these pussified “yes dear” guys that lets the wife push him around I ask “Why do you put up with that” and the answer is always “Well you don’t understand” or “That’s just the way it is”.

But I’m the crazy one for not wanting to stick my head in the noose and become a slave and give control of my life.

• Richard Cranium says:

Check yer email cupcake I had a question for ya

2. “Girls are spoiled rotten from the day they get home from the hospital. They’re crowned princess the second they are born…..and they are even treated like one.”

Um…like…THIS?

I love it when national newspapers confirm your findings, Danny, lol.

3. Wudang says:

Spacetraveller have you read Iron Jhon by Robert Bly? I suspect you will find it interesting and useful for the sphere.

4. This got my cogwheels turning… You’re so fucking spot on, in generally but also pinpointing me and the marriage I was in, it almost gives me the chills. I have two young boys. When I was married, it was always my husband fussing over them. They’d fall and my ex would -run- to them, ask ‘are you ok?! Are you ok?!?’ In an alarmed voice and make a big deal about it. Every single time, I’d tell him that he was scaring them with that tone and making it much bigger than it was. That he needed to give off an air of ‘Daddy’s in control, it’s okay boys’. And I always smiled at them, said ‘up again, honey’ and let them get back to playtime and wondered if there was something fundamentally wrong with me as a housewife or him as a husband, since the roles seemed to be switched. He fussed, I lovingly did a ‘On you go, son’ on them.

Wow. Good post, Danny. Made it even clearer to me why my ex and I weren’t compatible.

5. deti says:

I don’t know what to tell you. I have a son. I get him outside to run around. He gets hurt; I tell him to get up and shake it off. I try to keep his mom from coddling him too much.

A big part of the problem is teachers — telling the boys to be “fair” and nice to the girls. No playing guns, no playing “shoot ’em dead”, no wrestling, no roughhousing. Send him to the school counselor, then to a physician. He’s hyperactive, they say. He needs adderall or ritalin to calm him down.

Sunday School teachers demanding that the rambunctious boys be “little gentlemen”. But they’re not gentlemen. They’re boys. They’re being normal. Boys build things and then knock them down. Boys play war, play guns, play snowball fights. They run as fast as they can, they throw as hard and as far as they can.

Pretty sad.

• True. My biggest actually goes to a daycare, where the boys and girls ‘belong’ to different rooms. It’s basically a kindergarten with 4 groups, two girl groups divided by age, and two boy groups, also divided by age. It’s uncommon to do it like that here, (all Danish kids are in daycare), but their argument for doing so is that it allows the girls to be girls and the boys to be boys. They do stuff together and they have activities together all the time, and can always visit each others groups next door, but it provides an environment where they can be boys – rough and dirty and wild. I really like it.

• RojoC says:

Deti, I am a relatively young person, but it wasn’t until recently that I realized to what extent all of these external influences such as “[[telling the boys to be “fair” and nice to the girls. No playing guns, no playing “shoot ‘em dead”, no wrestling, no roughhousing. Send him to the school counselor, then to a physician]]” etc had been a factor in my internal modus operandi during my formative years. I had gone along with it because I always tried to do the right thing and that’s what I was told was the right thing. I hate the establishment who came up with this bullshit for such corruption. This is for example, why I abhor the concept of “Jante law” from Scandinavia.

I also read the shorty story “Harrison Bergeron” last week, and it struck a nerve for the same reasons. These people are all about bringing others down and never letting achieve their full potential. That’s some kind of theft from the individual’s inner core, IMO. Such people and their policies also disempower.

Here is a little anecdote that relates to all this, of pussyfiying policies in action.

I have always been a really easy going person who is reluctant to fight (because of most the conflicts one has when young are simply petty bullshit; they’re not worth the trouble). But once upon a time in 9th grade, I was choked around the neck by someone else. I didn’t defend myself even though it would have been legitimate self-defense. I didn’t defend myself because all those years in those schools we were told that fighting back would land you in just as much trouble and suspension. I fucking hate them for that. I hate them for their victim enabling policies in which one is thought to basically defer all issues to authority. All that is is a hatchet to the back of the free and independent spirit of man. I was lucky in that this kid wasn’t choking me too hard and let go eventually. But it really pisses me off that I was told I wasn’t “allowed” to fight back. Fuck them and their zero tolerance violence policies. They’re harmful.

A man stands up for himself and answers the door in the unfortunate times when trouble comes knocking. A coward or pussy runs behind the authority figure so that it can do their bidding for them. That’s emasculating. What they have taught my generation is shameful. Fortunately not all of us are a lost cause.

I just needed to vent and get it off my chest. Thanks. I’m just glad I see the light now.

PS–ironically it was my love for firearms that were the seeds of resistance from this victim/equalist/Jante/slave morality/etc mentality. I have always loved guns and I knew that those people hate them. But after challenging one of their “beliefs”, it made it easier for the rest of the of their house of cards to come tumbling down. To hell with anyone who would emasculate a little boy so that he grows up to be a pussy. And to hell with the nanny state, which abets in that. It’s all related.

• deti says:

Good comment, Rojo. Boys have to learn to be men eventually. School is practice for adulthood. Every man at some point has to put up his dukes and fight. Maybe he might not have to come to fisticuffs. Maybe he won’t fight literally. but the time will come when he will have to fight figuratively — at work, at home, whatever.

He will have to take a stand, he will have to stake out a position, a hill he is willing to die on. He has to learn to say “this far and no farther”. “there is the line and you WILL NOT cross it.” “I will not put up with this anymore.”

Schools and teachers aren’t teaching boys this. They aren’t teaching boys not to back down. They aren’t teaching boys to take a stand, to think it through, and not to give up if they know they are right.

• deti says:

Boys are taught too often that you have to talk it out, you have to negotiate. You have to compromise, you have to settle, you have to find common ground.

They’re not told that sometimes, it all fails and you have to be ready to go to war.

• RojoC says:

Deti, thank you.

Taking a stand was a lesson that eventually just came to me on my own. (Funny how one never learns the most important things in school).

My favorite example is the last sentence of the Declaration of Independence.

“And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.”

Better late than never, in the end. Now I just need to learn and get better at chasing skirt and my life will be in harmony.

Deti-
        damn, sounds like my naval service. lol. every day at work, i have to draw a line. lol.

one more year.

• Stingray says:

School is practice for adulthood.

Sorry Deti, but no it’s not. School is to teach kids how to be good little workers in a cubicle and to put out good production numbers. Nothing more and nothing less.

6. MMA says:

I wound up becoming a single dad with primary care responsibilities for my son around his first birthday after my ex-wife had some serious depression and decided to check out of the marriage via divorce.

The only thing I was a dick to her about was my son and the cat. I didn’t give a shit about any of the property, the house, or even the money we had, it’s just stuff. Stuff that can be replaced.

I think I was pretty beta then, but I’ve since swallowed the pill. It’s been bitter at times. Truth is like that.

The smartest thing I did during the divorce though, was demand that my son stay with me; I have about 2/3 of the overnights in a given year. She wasn’t in a position to really fight that a the time of the divorce. He goes to her one night a week, and every other weekend, and I always spend the day after any time with her getting his head back on straight about his behavior expectations.

And I’m not raising a boy, I’m raising a man. He’s 6. He’s got ridiculous energy. He’s happy. He likes to run, jump, roll, play, swim, ride his bike, and chase balls. He’s kind. He’s smart too, loves numbers, letters, figuring things out.

He falls, and unless there is obvious blood gushing everywhere, I tell my Spartan child to get back up. He does. He might whimper a bit, but after about 2-3 steps, that’s stopped and he’s back in the fight.

And that’s how I think I need to raise him. As a Spartan. Always ready to fight, if at least figuratively.

He is headstrong. In that way, school has sometimes been a challenge for him. I like headstrong though, but I need to find him an outlet, the scouts or martial arts or something like that, where he will be with older boys, to see how he should behave, to get confidence from his successes and their belief in him.

I have to think that headstrong will be good if I can focus that into discipline. It can be the kind of steel that would make him a good fire team leader in the Marine Corps or some similar pursuit. Its the kind of steel that will prepare him if he goes into the trades, or if he goes into college. It’s the kind of steel that will make him a heartbreaker with women. I already can see the little girls in his daycare, and now his kidnergarten, that hang on him. He’s figured out how to be aloof, and this drives them nuts, they want him even more. This kid has natural game.

I love him. And I’m proud of him. He’s my Spartan.

Fucking great comment Brother. You’re gonna have a wolf on your hands soon enough.

• Arred Wade says:

Good for you, all around. The older I get, the more I recognize that being in the Boy Scouts gave me something that 90% of men never have – an all-male social environment that teaches you to unplug and be self-reliant. I would highly recommend it to any father based on my personal experience.

7. M3 says:

Being the baby of the family and being born both after my mom lost my sister in miscarriage and being born 2.5 months too early.. i got coddled and smothered, overprotected and mothered like nobodies business. It set the stage for everything else to follow.

I don’t blame her. She went through a lot with the loss, and nearly losing me, being a frail premie and all. Couple that with the dysfunctional early family years, she did the best she could without any outside help.

Wrong place wrong time i suppose. But i’m doing much better now.

8. And the unintended consequence of such pussification is the creation of a generation of White Knights… dear Lord, I want to cause physical harm to white knights…

9. Newly Aloof says:

Can’t remember where I heard it, but one of the coolest things a man can do is go up to his son and say, “Don’t tell mom,” and give him something Mommy said not to have. Shows the kid that a different world exists than the one spoon fed by females. My son is five, and I’m doing this frequently. Since becoming red-pill aware, I’ve checked my own blue-pill tendencies at the door and allow my son to get wild. And I’m constantly reminding the Mrs. to ease up on the restrictions and coddling. I’ve even started to implement physical activities into the mix. “Oh, you want a juice box, Son? You have to do five pushups with Daddy first.” “Give me a hug, Son. Squeeze harder, man, harder! Yeah, that’s my strong boy.” Fun stuff.

good on you. i wrestle with my neighbors twins every time i see them. i walk outside, see the boy, yell and posture, then tear ass towards them. dad tell’s them, “danny’s coming, go get him boy’s” and they rush to meet me. next thing you know, we’re tumbling in the front yard and mom and dad are laughing.

of course the 9 year old daughter (who crushed on me) has to get involved and tell the boy to settle down. but she watched the whole thing wide eyed and excited. lol. so predictable.

10. LS says:

People try to dismiss these criticisms by reframing it as “kids these days” complaint.
    But the problem isn’t the kids. It’s the fucking parents.

11. MissMarie says:

So right on, I see this everywhere and it’s awful…

12. RojoC says:

Two things:

1) Reading this post and ones like these almost makes me want to have a son(s) and raise them just to get back at these motherfuckers. The Jewish Talmud says that living well is the greatest revenge.

2) Read this piece, I think 99% of you here will like it.
    It was originally written by a South African dude, but he took down his blog a few years back. Someone posted the essay to a forum, hence the link. I’ve known about it for a while, and I’m sure it will resonate with you like it has with me.

Man, the part about the Cheerios–talk about shit-test deflection and frame control…I hope y’all enjoy it.

13. Andrew Medina says:

You’ve just reminded me to thank my parents for raising me to be a tough little bastard.

I was handling rifles before I was old enough to need razors, racing go karts in empty fields without a helmet, fishing, jumping off tall shit (I was the smallest in my group at the old apts. If something wound up on an awning I would be the guy to climb/get boosted up), and getting into fights.

My parents only rule was: “If you end up in the hospital, we can’t afford Christmas.”

sounds like my childhood. lol. playing in the fucking woods, bikes on dirt trails, playing football for 9 hours, climbing trees that were 4 stories high, china ball fights, etc.

aaaaah, a boys life.

14. Arred Wade says:

This is mostly a game blog so I wasn’t sure where you stood on “the cause.” Glad to see you acknowledge this side of it.

you must not come around here much. i acknowledge BOTH sides. i’ve said on SEVERAL occasions that i have no intentions of ever getting married. however, i DO adore women.

for some reason, both sides seem quick to label anyone. PUA’s say i’m not PUA enough, and MRA’s say i’m just a PUA. i’m neither.

i’m ME. i simply offer advice to guys on experiences i’ve had in LIFE.

and thank you for commenting.

• Arred Wade says:

You’re pretty red pill but I haven’t seen you talk about it in generational terms, at the societal level. Never seen you say outright that American culture is “emasculating boys all over the country” before. It’s pretty implicit in the way you seem to live, but it’s good to hear that you give a shit enough to call it out. There’s no shortage of dudes who don’t care as long as they’re getting laid.

I changed name from Collapse of Man, btw. What’s up, keep it coming. Love your shit.

thank you Sir.

although i do talk a lot about game, i do so from a perspective of using it to be a tool for a man becoming a better all around man. the pussification post, came from me being pissed after watching a mom just smoother her son while getting a painless procedure done. i’d seen it so many times that i finally was sick enough from it to post about it.

and thank you.

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 12:17 AM, dannyfrom504

15. […] raise a pussy. Related: A great story of a guy manning-up (in a good […]

16. taterearl says:

Thank goodness I grew up in the country. I ran around all the time, explored, climbed up on things, got hurt, built stuff, broke stuff, and enjoyed every minute of it.

I wish my teenage years-mid 20s wasn’t so full of brainwashing. It seems the best years of my life were growing up until puberty being a boy and then again after finding the red pill and becoming a man.

17. Stingray says:

If the bloods not spurting and you can’t see bone, they’re fine.

18. Stingray says:

My son is outside right now with a backpack that his dad gave him last night. The bag has a microscope/telescope, belt, flashlight (that can be used for morse code in several different colors), watch and compass in it (Eesh, I need to add some rope). He’s five and wandering around a small patch of woods by our house. Schools over and it’s time to explore. It’s awesome.

Thanks for the compliment, BTW. Your mom seems like an awesome lady.

Boy sounds just like me. Got my first slingshot and became the squirrel scourge of my paw-paws forest.

Then I got a BB gun at 7. Then a .22 at 12. Best years of my life. Does he know how to make a basic lean-to.

Get him the book ” shelters shacks and shanties.”

• Stingray says:

He just got a slingshot the other day but we have to take him out to the land to teach him how to use it.

He doesn’t know how to make a lean-to himself yet, but he’s watched Dave Canterbury make several. When the weather is good, he will be taking his knife, slingshot and others stuff out to the land and building, breaking, digging and other boys stuff. I can’t wait.

At some point, I want to make some squirrel and rabbit stew with his bounty.

find rabbit. chase and stay about 10 feet behind him, but don’t try and catch it outright. it’ll zig-zag. eventually it will stop. fall on top of it and twist it’s neck.

you remove the head and feet. rinse and cook. be VERY careful with the intestines and don’t rupture them. the feces can spoil the meat. yer welcome. paw-paw was Houma Indian.

classic tribal survival trick.

• Infantry says:

Mate of mine running a farm out in rural Queensland does a similar trick. I wonder how that knowledge made its way around the world. I had the best times driving around the property out on the ute (4×4 pickup) with the pigdogs hunting pigs, foxes and rabbits.

• “…break a stick in half and poke it through the loose skin behind it’s neck. split the carcass from the meat and gently scoop out the body cavity. the skin just peels off. he brings you the fur and the rabbit.

you remove the head and feet. rinse and cook. be VERY careful with the intestines and don’t rupture them. the feces can spoil the meat.”

I am on my knees right now – thanking God I am a girl, lol, that I don’t have to do this sort of thing. You guys do this, for FUN? Really?

Good grief! As an adult woman, I *could* be persuaded to do this if I were really really hungry and the only way to get food would be to do this.

But a five year old boy child would/should do this for fun/education??

This description makes me realise just how men and women are soooo different.

OK, you’ve convinced me, chaps. If ever I have boys, they are Dad’s to do what he wants with after I have weaned them. I ain’t getting in the way 😛

If this is indeed what boys require to become men (and I have no reason to disbelieve you), then it is pretty clear that a woman cannot provide this for her son (at least not if she is alone in raising him).

I always knew single motherhood was a very bad thing, but this post alone shows me exactly why, in glorious technicolour and suitably gory deails 😀

All these masculine pursuits are fascinating for us women to watch…from a (safe) distance even if we feel queasy doing so. 🙂
        I think it’s great that you do them by the way. Carry on. Please.

Hm. Interesting – my cognitive dissonance regarding this. I like it when men/boys do stuff like this, but I am also horrified by it because of

1.worry/concern (he might hurt himself if he falls down a huge ditch chasing rabbits),

2.disgust (rabbit intestines not my favourite thing),

3. real fear (might he get killed by a bear in the forest?) and

4. current social conditioning (oh my God, he’s only 5. Is this not akin to child abuse or something, to let him run wild – in the wild?)

But I guess all of the above (even if thy are ‘normal’ female reactions to what you describe above) must be overcome. At all cost. And fast…
        If the next generation of boys are to be raised to be normal men.

Maw-maw taught me how to prep a live chicken for dinner…..I was 10 at the time.

What I learned as a child is standard education for boys in the rural south of the US.

Want to learn how to field dress a deer? Lol. Yes, field dressing game is bloody and messy. But I gotta feed my family.

• Stingray says:

@ Spacetravellar: But a five year old boy child would/should do this for fun/education??

Supervised, of course for the first few times. He has a knife, but can’t use it alone yet. Running after rabbits alone I don’t have a problem with and neither does his dad (the rules are set before he heads out and he goes with a whistle in case he loses sight of us and gets lost). The knife he still needs to use with his Daddy. He is quite capable with it but would need help with a rabbit still.

Having said all of that, you might be amazed at how quickly kids become proficient at this stuff and how soon the amount of supervision required goes down.

SR- I was 9 and in the woods for hours at a time. I came back when I heard lunch and supper call. Had a knife, my dog,

I was encouraged to “go outside and play”. For boys…..you know what that means. I had a mini camp half a mile from the house.

I knew if I killed anything- bury it to eliminate the smell of blood. I knew how to skin squirrels and rabbits, how to make a fire. Lol.

Once I had a .22, I wasn’t even on the grandparents radar. “He’s out hunting, he’ll be back wen he’s done.” Lol.

19. Danny,

“Maw-maw taught me how to prep a live chicken for dinner…..I was 10 at the time.”

Strangely enough, I was taught to do this too, at the same age as you.
    But…I see prepping a live chicken as somehow different from chasing down a rabbit and killing it. Not sure why.

Perhaps the former *could* be classed as ‘gatherer’ function (afterall, the chicken is already there, in front of you – you don’t need to go ‘hunt’ it as such) whereas the latter is definitely more a ‘hunter’ function, something I am not innately built for?

@ Stingray,

Thanks for attempting to allay my fears. Appreciate it. 🙂
    Right now, I am in awe of this issue.
    Let’s hope I can sort myself out before I need to apply this knowledge 😉

ST- Lol. You don’t know the Cajun way to prep a chicken.

But hunting rabbits…..that’s fun for a Louisiana boy.

• Stingray says:

By nine, I really hope we are living at the land so he can do that everyday, too. And if his sisters want to do the same, that would be great. Then they can help me cook it.

Uuuuuuum. Rabbit gumbo. Rabbit fricassee’, grilled stuffed rabbit.

I ain’t ever gonna starve as long as I have my .22. Running rabbits is a gift.

• Stingray says:

It might help you to know that he is the youngest of three kids. By the time your on your third, you just kind of pick them up, wipe off the dirt and throw them back at it again.

The first is not like that. You clean everything, disinfect, worry, until you realize they aren’t going to break. It does take time, but it comes if you let it.

Dirt is good, germs are, too. But it does take time. Of course, Dad saying “Woman, quite your worrying” helps a lot, too. 😉

20. redpillwifey says:

Damn right. But all the less competition for my boys. I’m raising a couple of little AMOGs.

21. […] dannyfrom504 – The Pussification of the American Male […]

22. Chevalier de Johnstone says:

Back in the Way Back Time when many of you had to steal your parents’ liquor to get drunk, nobody would ever believe a cheap romance thriller about an emo vampire would become a best-selling novel, and chicks were naming their Pocket Rockets “Viggo”, a man named Kim du Toit – South African veteran and legal immigrant to the United States – had a blog in which he reviewed how much fun it was to shoot a very, very wide variety of firearms; posted pictures of scantily-clad women; talked about how his wife had started losing weight since he got healthier and generally manned the fuck up; vociferously supported the wartime efforts of his adopted country and the soldiers fighting the war; occasionally commented on how corrupt, dirty, ineffective, and stupid Chicago politics and Chicago politicians were and how stupid anyone would have to be to elect a Chicago pol to national office; and gladly gave the finger and a hearty “fuck you” to anyone he felt deserved it, which was a lot of people.

One of his classic and most popular blog entries, a sort of extended essay rather than a simple blog post, was titled, “The Pussification of the Western Male.”

Mr. du Toit stopped blogging and pulled his content offline because writing his thoughts on these topics, under his own name, on a website he owned, caused him severe personal difficulty, such as investors pulling their money out of a software company with which he was involved because they didn’t like what he had to say in his private life. However, this essay has been preserved and is available to read online: http://talltown.us/guns/nancyboys.htm

Here follows an excerpt from this essay, which is required reading for anyone in any country who doesn’t keep his testicles in some woman’s purse. In this excerpt, Kim is discussing a popular Cheerios commercial:

“Now, for those who haven’t seen this piece of shit, I’m going to go over it, from memory, because it epitomizes everything I hate about the campaign to pussify men. The scene opens at the morning breakfast table, where the two kids are sitting with Dad at the table, while Mom prepares stuff on the kitchen counter. The dialogue goes something like this:”

“Little girl (note, not little boy): Daddy, why do we eat Cheerios?
    Dad: Because they contain fiber, and all sorts of stuff that’s good for the heart. I eat it now, because of that.
    LG: Did you always eat stuff that was bad for your heart, Daddy?
    Dad (humorously): I did, until I met your mother.
    Mother (not humorously): Daddy did a lot of stupid things before he met your mother.”

“Now, every time I see that TV ad, I have to be restrained from shooting the TV with a .45 Colt. If you want a microcosm of how men have become less than men, this is the perfect example.”

“What Dad should have replied to Mommy’s little dig: Yes, Sally, that’s true: I did do a lot of stupid things before I met your mother. I EVEN SLEPT WITH YOUR AUNT RUTH a few times, before I met your mother.” (Emphasis mine)

Read the whole thing.

“Some women deserve to be single moms.” — Kim du Toit, 2003

23. Caspin Lange says:

What if we simply accept the feminine and masculine within us as individuals, and with that wholeness never need another to feel complete ever again? That would be interesting. Is it possible? I don’t know exactly. I’m observing this and exploring it now. But I’ve definitely gotten that gist from Zen masters and others who seem to not need anything in order to be content. So it’s something worth thinking about.

24. […] Danny had a really good post up not too long ago about what parents are doing to our children.  Especially our boys.  Around that same time another woman blogger (the blog is now defunct) asked the question of how she could raise her son to be an alpha.  She was especially worried as she is a single mom.  There are many different definitions of alpha floating around the manosphere so let’s just say we really want our sons to grow to be Men. […]

25. Miss D says:

Wow..like the post, but i can smell the testosterone from here boys! 🙂 I agree, in part with some of the things you’re saying. I as a mother of two, find that i hate mothers who run to their kids when they fall. Get over it. The more you fuss, the more they’ll cry! Get up, shake it off is my motto.
    Not sure i agree with learning to kill/chase animals, but hey, im not a male! 🙂

26. Connie says:

Very well put, Danny. I agree that many parents are just plain ruining their children and that schools are, for the most part, not helping. What do you suggest for those millions of kids growing up in cities where there are no rabbits to chase, no lakes to fish in, and no place to hunt? I think that would be a good column.

I hate the current fashion of little girls’ clothing labeled “Princess” or some such. But when I was a little girl (long, long ago), it was my Daddy who spoiled me rotten and left it to Mama to bring me down to earth!