The Inevitiblity

i thought for a while about whether or not to post this. but i didn’t want to just step away.

most of the content of this site is a reflection of my daily observations and/or things from my past. i’ve always tried to be honest and open about myself as to offer some validity to the blog. no subtle way to put this.

received a text from my mom this afternoon that Paw-Paw’s been admitted. his heart rate was 42 and they are thinking of installing a pacemaker. my aunt (fighting breast cancer) is probably flying in, and mom will update me when she get’s the latest.

not really in the frame of mind to post in the jovial, relaxed manner that’s become synonymous with this site, so it’s probably best if i step away for a minute and deal with everything. it’s not that this is a surprise, but it finally coming around is still crushing.

for the last month or so i’ve been nauseated, had zero appetite, i’ve lost a noticible amount of weight, and my mood has been pretty downtrodden. i’ve alomst brought it up in previous posts, but decided it wasn’t really anything you guys needed to know about.

pic

25 Comments on “The Inevitiblity”

1. infantry says:

I wish the best for you and your family. Do what you need to do. Stay up mate.

2. Wolf says:

A longtime lurker here.
    I wish you and your family all the best.
    Do whatever you have to do to take care of yourself and your loved ones.
    Thanks for all the articles, the insights and the laughs.
    Godspeed, mate.

3. aneroidocean says:

what a great man. glad you shared stories about him here. I am sure he is proud of you danny.

4. CLG says:

right there with you man. Stay strong.

5. DJ Lynn says:

Prayers to you and family… If u need to talk any hour u know I am here for you.. Hugs

Stay Frosty, Danny.

7. RojoC says:

I never really know what to say when these things happen. I mean, it really sucks, and there is no other way to describe it. It fucking blows. When my grandfather passed, it was the single most hardest thing I ever had to go through in my life, and I think not much will top that. I know the feeling.

Like you say, this is inevitable. If it is his time, at least he’ll be there with his family that loves him, and that means a lot, I am sure. I know it did for my grandpa.

I’ve come to appreciate you and your writing a lot; I read this blog like every day. You and yours will be in my thoughts.

8. Spacetraveller says:

Danny,

Just sent you an email, mate.

Rooting for Paw-paw…
    And it sounds like YOU need some medical attention too.
    Take care of yourself – otherwise Brody won’t forgive you…

9. deti says:

Danny:

That picture up there? That’s PawPaw. That’s what you get to carry with you. All those memories.

Stay up, Danny

10. Markus says:

I’m sorry, danny. Got through something similar myself last year with my favorite aunt, and some years ago with my mom (breast cancer, but survived). I know how terrible it is. For a while I almost stopped eating and sometimes I did nothing but lie on the couch. I never looked so gaunt.

I wish you and your family all the best. Stay strong, you’ll pull through. (but we all know that.)

11. TempestTcup says:

I’ll keep you both in my thoughts & please Danny, take care of yourself.

12. Totally unrelated to your post, but how is the Navy? I am seriously thinking about joining.

13. Losing family is never easy, the best thing I have found is to diligently hang on to memories, they are too easy to let go.

14. sunshinemary says:

Danny,
    Be strong and courageous…for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Remember what Our Lord told us:

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

You are in my prayers.

15. tj says:

Brohug

We got your back – time to take care of *yourself* so you can be strong for your family

16. Sending love and good thoughts … Take your time, we’ll all be here when you return. Take care of your family, and of yourself.

17. Best to you and your family. Stay up

18. mothersmurfer says:

Danny,

Take care of Paw-paw and yourself.

Stay up.

19. Michael of Charlotte says:

I’ll be thinking of you man, and your paw-paw.

Stay up.

20. daryl says:

So sorry man. Keep your chin up.

21. Hope everything turns out good. Take as much time as you need to straighten things out if possible.

22. Phero says:

Been there… Keep smiling, enjoy every moment with them and they will too.
    It really makes you “live in the moment”. There’s no tomorrow, only now.