Chipotle Steak and Danny’s Bung Burner Mac and Cheese

it’s no secret that i like my food spicy. i’ve gotten tamer when it comes to “spicy” in recent years but i still like some “pica” when i eat. i’m here to share my recipes for a great steak and mac and cheese with a “kick”.

Chipotle Lime Steak
you will need:

1 flank/skirt steak
1 7oz can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 cup cilantro (just tear it up, don’t chop it yet)
2-3 garlic cloves. pressed, not chopped. just give a quick whack with a tenderizing hammer or side of a knife
juice of 1 lime
2 TBS comino (cumin)

place above ingredients in a food processor and mix until a paste-like consistency is formed. set aside. season steak with kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. grill to desired doneness (4 minutes per side for medium rare) and let sit for 10 minutes. cut across the grain in a slightly diagonal manner. plate steak and top with the chipotle sauce. add more lime if needed.

Danny’s Bung Burning Mac and Cheese
you will need:

1 8oz box of elbow macaroni
1/2 16oz block of velveeta “mexican” cheese. cut into cubes. can use slightly more if needed.
1/4 cup milk
1 habanero chopped finely (can substitute with jalepeno’s). PLEASE WEAR GLOVES WHEN HANDLING HAB’S.

cook pasta in salted water until al dente. drain and set aside.

heat milk until it barely boils, then turn heat to low. add 3-4 cubes at a time to the milk until all the cheese has melted. note- you MUST keep stirring the cheese or it will scorch. add the habenero’s (go with half of one, 1/3 of one whatever…..just realize it WILL have some ass to it). when done (add more cheese to make it creamier- experiment with it) pour over the macaroni and stir well. i added some canned jalepeno’s for a little tang to go with the heat. enjoy.

honestly, this is the simplest, best tasting mac and cheese i’ve ever had. i used to fuck with a béchamel and different cheeses and butter and egg and all that shit. but this recipe is TITS. of course, you can use regular velveeta if you don’t want to dance with the fire God’s. lol. what i especially love is that it reheats VERY well. most regular mac and cheese reheats and gets clumpy, but when you use velveeta- you reheat it at a low power level in the microwave and it comes out damn near perfect.

for your Lenten meal, i’ll link my recipe for BBQ shrimp

and in other news i bought a new scented candle yesterday. if you’ve been around these parts long enough, you know i dig my scented candles. what…..no, i don’t want you to rub your cock on my face. pardon…no, i don’t have a pap scheduled anytime soon. do i what?…..no, i don’t want to go “antiquing” this weekend. are you done? please get it out of your system…..i’ll wait.

as a heterosexual male, buying a scented candle is dicey. i prefer “outdoorsy” scents. currently i’m rocking a sand and driftwood woodwick candle. i really dig the ambiance of candle-light. it relaxes me. now, if you see me (or any other “man”) buying a sherbet chiffon candle….please question their hetero-street cred. lol. and by the way- as i’m writing this and my candle is burning, i’m watching the hockey. GO FLYERS!!!!!!!

yum

yum

30 Comments on “Chipotle Steak and Danny’s Bung Burner Mac and Cheese”

1. aneroidocean says:

Haha, I NEVER thought about it being not manly to have candles around, but then again I like to have nice smelling massage lotions too and they aren’t for jerking off hairy men, they’re for giving actual massages to girls (and for them to massage me!)

My hands-down favorite candle scent ever is Firewood. It’s so damn good and the chicks love it (but can never pinpoint the smell). Covered this some in a recent post, along with my boner-kryptonite!

The problem with habanero is it’s very difficult to judge the fine line between nose-running hot and food-poisoning sitting on the toilet crying at three AM hot.

I dig the candles, too, though my favorite scent was a Japanese incense Called Scents of Blossom Bamboo. I think they stopped making it because I can’t find it anywhere anymore. The other SOB varieties are good, but Bamboo was the dog’s balls of incense.

Yankee candle makes a bamboo scented candle.

Damn, I’m really killing my credibility as a straight man.

• Vicomte says:

I sincerely doubt it’s remotely the same. If you’ve even been to the Mohegan Sun casino in Connecticut, it smelled like that. It was fantastic.

I once found myself in Yankee Candle’s flagship store with my mother’s fiancee. I remember feeling exceptionally gay before I was driven away by a chorus of animatronic miners singing.

Did you see that Yankee candle is now marketing “manly” candles. Such as- 4×4, mown grass, pigskin, and mantown?

I dig the woodwick because I like sound of the burning wooden wick.

• aneroidocean says:

Wait, the woodwick candle has an actual wooden wick? Bad ass.

My favorite is Spiced Pumpkin and a seasonal Halloween variety called Witches Brew.

Try this one:

4. sunshinemary says:

Now I like a man who enjoys a good scented candle.

One of my favorite Prairie Home Companion skits of all time was about a Minnesotan deer hunter relaxing in his hunting shack in the evening and lighting a bayberry scented candle. Too funny.

But Velveeta? What’s next, Spam? 😉

5. Sis says:

You mean like this?

6. driversuz says:

Got a Sage Yankee Candle for Christmas. Mmmm.

7. RojoC says:

I’d love to get a gunpowder scented candle. I’ve seen them around. For some reason, the flake powder they use for shotgun shells smells really good–it almost has a sweet smell to it.

As far as spicy goes, I put Sriracha Rooster Sauce on 90% of the stuff I eat.

8. Sean says:

So, as a straight man, let me put a bit of knowledge.

Candle warmer.

When you find a candle that you really enjoy (for me, brown sugar cake is aweeesome), buy a $2 warmer from a Dollar store and use it to heat the candle instead of burning it. Smells fantastic and keeps your favorite smell going. I’ve got a candle that’s going on 3 years old and still smells like the first day.

9. Will S. says:

Sounds good.

“And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire…”

10. darlingdoll says:

I can’t wait to try that steak recipe! You’re going to make me fat…

11. prupru73 says:

I’ve been lurking around your website for a while, but made the Chipotle Steak this morning and loved it. Bonus points for being so easy to clean up once its made.

Please keep posting. As a 22 year old guy, your advice has been invaluable.

12. deti says:

Bung burner mac and cheese!

hahahahahahaha