ITLR- Sleeping with a Woman

one of my favorite books (and it’s VERY red-pill) is The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera. it’s the story of Tomas and Tereza, Tomas is a surgeon and womanizer married to his wife Tereza. it’s a GREAT story. it’s an existential story based in Nietzsche’s theory of eternal recurrence. “The ‘unbearable lightness’ in the title also refers to the lightness of love and sex, which are themes of the novel. Kundera portrays love as fleeting, haphazard and perhaps based on endless strings of coincidences, despite holding such significance for humans.” if you haven’t read it and “know game” or took the red-pill and haven’t read this book- get off yer ass and give it a read.

a few of my favorite passages-

“The heaviest of burdens crushes us, we sink beneath it, it pins us to the ground. But in love poetry of every age, the woman longs to be weighed down by the man’s body.The heaviest of burdens is therefore simultaneously an image of life’s most intense fulfillment. The heavier the burden, the closer our lives come to the earth, the more real and truthful they become. Conversely, the absolute absence of burden causes man to be lighter than air, to soar into heights, take leave of the earth and his earthly being, and become only half real, his movements as free as they are insignificant. What then shall we choose? Weight or lightness?”

but this. THIS, is the passage that stuck with me-

“Making love with a woman and sleeping with a woman are two separate passions, not merely different but opposite. Love does not make itself felt in the desire for copulation (a desire that extends to an infinite number of women) but in the desire for shared sleep (a desire limited to one woman).”

i can understand this completely. i RARELY let a woman sleep over. i NEVER let a woman who’s not in a relationship with me to spend the night. you’re vulnerable when you’re sleeping. men usually aren’t comfortable making themselves vulnerable, ESPECIALLY with a woman. i just can’t bring myself to sleeping next to a woman i’m not comfortable with or have VERY strong feelings for. i can’t point out when i started this, i just know some time ago (when i was stationed in NO- 1999-2003) i refused to let women stay over or stay at her place after the sex was done. i’ll hang for a bit or let her kick back for a minute, but eventually someone’s going home before i fall asleep.

don’t know if this is just a personal proclivity or i’m truly a fucking wierdo but it’s just how i am. sleep is a VERY personal thing for me, and i DO.NOT. like having a woman with me unless i’m over the moon for her and i know she’s got it bad for me. until i know this…..

grab a shower if you need and i’ll call you a cab.

17 Comments on “ITLR- Sleeping with a Woman”

1. aneroidocean says:

I’ve never had a problem with a girl sleeping over if we have sex. But then I don’t really do the one night stand thing. I’ve always wondered if I was weird for this since I hear so many guys talking about wanting the girl to leave. Part of it is I think enjoying the feminine presence and I enjoy touching her, and part of it is probably that fucking a couple more times (pre-morning, morning) is great.

2. CLG says:

agree with this completely. keep em coming. especially those book suggestions.

3. Infantry says:

I’ve never had a problem with sleeping next to women, but thats just me.

About vulnerability though, I have this theory that men become attractive when they become so scarred from being treated badly by women that they refuse to be vulnerable at all with new women. This in turn drives women crazy because he’s immune to any of her attempts to get close to him and she sees him as strong.

Its a sick dynamic.

I once found myself, after a series of unfortunate events, in a narcotics rehabilitation facility.

My roommate would often arise in the night, and I would hear the sound of a plastic cup being filled from the water cooler just outside our room.

In the morning I noticed a plastic cup partially filled with what appeared to be contraband Mountain Dew. These cups were nonchalantly emptied out the window at various points throughout the day.

The heat of the midday sun revealed a rather pungent odor neither citrus nor corn syrup.

Upon learning that my roommate was in fact pissing into cups mere feet from my slumbering face, I transferred to a single room.

Moral of the story: sleep alone or not at all.

5. tj says:

Damn, dude – nail:hit:head Sleeping with a woman is so incredibly intimate. I miss spooning with my ex far more than I miss my ex.

6. deti says:

THAT’S IT! That’s why a man wants to leave or wants the girl to leave after a ONS or a pickup or a hookup. She wants him to stay. He wants to leave.

That’s also why a man is good with sleeping over and no sex with the girls he cares about.

The difference is whether or not he cares about the girl. More fundamentally, it’s whether or not he trusts the girl.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

7. That’s why men pay hookers. Not for sex, but to leave.

8. rivsdiary says:

i was just thinking about kundera and the unbearable lightness. love that book. there’s two other parts that i love that come to mind:

1. how after every sexual encounter, he takes away three “details” of what happened, three things he couldn’t have predicted.

2. how a man can love epically, or lyrically.

oh yeah

3. how he loves to fuck girls because that is the 1% that they hide from society — or at least used to, haha. but his point is, it’s impossible to predict what she will be like in bed.

9. K-stan says:

Im more afraid of being robbed while Im sleeping or not waking up at all lol