HAAAAAAAAAHPEE SEENT PAH-EEY’S DAY!!!!!!

making some EPIC corned beef for my friends for dinner tonight. it will feature the meat, cabbage, taters, onions, and carrots. it’s a hearty meal, it is. little do many know, but st patts day is an AMERICAN holiday. yuppers. been to Dublin back when i was a wee danny. but fuck all that nonsense, let’s get to cooking.

1 corned beef roast (PLEASE SAVE THE JUICES).
1 cabbage- cored and cut in half, then halved again- remove the center
1 bag carrots- or 3 reg carrots chopped into 2 inch cubed
10-14 small red potatoes- halved
1 med onion- quartered.
2-3 TBS pickling spice.

place brisket in dutch oven or large pot. cover with water. bring to boil. once boiling, reduce heat to low and skim off the “scum”. once skimmed, add pickling spice, spice packet (comes with the brisket), and onions. cook 50 minutes per pound; usually 3-4 hours. once brisket is fork tender (meaning you can pierce it with a fork and it was slightly tear apart) remove from pot and set aside for at least 15 minutes.

add your cabbage, carrots, and taters to the broth. crank heat up to med high and cook for 20-30 minutes. remove form pot and set aside. carve brisket against the grain

i’ll be nice and dedicate a cute song for the ladies. i heard this on a literary pud crawl in dublin (bought the CD QUICK. lol) btw this song is a BUUUUUUURN. guys, don’t let your guard down.

AAAAAAAAAH!!! get me a-nudder pint laddee.

i totally remember this song. it was my favorite of the pub crawl.

half way done. the house smells AMAZING.

half way done. the house smells AMAZING.

ready to eat. mommy nom nommers

ready to eat. mommy nom nommers

9 Comments on “HAAAAAAAAAHPEE SEENT PAH-EEY’S DAY!!!!!!”

1. K-stan says:

This is why I hate 1-being deployed and 2-living in barracks with no stove/oven. I love cooking and I know you can effing cook and I want to try your meals but have no way of doing it…sad face

Sorry kid. They don’t call it the suck for nothing.

• K-stan says:

the barracks isn’t even overseas that Im talking about haha

ew. damn, yeah that sucks. lol. my sister HATES that you take relationship advice from me. i was at the house 2 weeks ago. she’s none to pleased that i tell you to just smash until you hit your 30’s. your dad- he thinks it’s funny. lol.

oh, for those of you that don’t know. k-stan is my nephew. i beat red-pill wisdom into him since he was 7. as a kid he was well aware of uncle Danny’s “reputation” with women.

2. Sis says:

Loved the ending to the first song!! It would be so fun to go on a pub crawl in Ireland. We go to local Irish bars sometimes just for the music, it’s my favorite kind by far.

3. MissMarie says:

My holiday! Nommmm

4. […] add you cabbage, carrots, and taters to the broth. crank heat up to med high and cook for 20-30 minutes. remove Source: dannyfrom504   […]