Franks and Beans

i swear to you this happened just a few hours ago.

i was at work and had our ultrasound tech brought me a patient. a 19 year old girl. i had to do 2 exams for her. well…i’ll just be to the point. she was weird. REALLY weird. for something to show up as weird on my radar is off. lol. i’m sure no one would argue that. well, she kept making VERY strange comments as i was doing her exam, and i was just trying to finish since it was a LITTLE busy and my other tech was doing a CT. i brought her back to her room. i dropped her off (she kept up with the strange comments btw), and her nurse (a civilian) approached me. NOW, i was in hurry up mode so i just blurted out while making a weird face.

“Is she fucking retarded or something?”

the nurse froze, made an odd face and replied, “UM…yeah HM1. she’s special needs.”

i stood there. frozen. i think i finally just blurted out, “well, guess who’s the fucking asshole now? if you guys need me, i’ll be up in the chapel doing a rosary and a few novenas cause i KNOW i just caught a 5 century bid in hell for what i said.”

i felt SOOOOOOOO fucking bad. now what you readers may not know is i’m actually VERY good with special needs people (we’re kindred after all). i’m VERY sympathetic and accommodating with them. well, tonight, my tard-dar failed me. EPICLY.

i just wanted to let you guys know if i suddenly stop posting it’s probably because i got t-boned by a drunk driver for my transgressions. i’d also like to ask my readers who happen to be of the Christian persuasion to pray for my soul. as i have no doubt i will pay for my comment. and we all know i typically don’t ask you guys for anything.

God help me.

28 Comments on “Franks and Beans”

1. d says:

forget it, your heart is pure

Could have been worse, brother.

You could have told her you’d make a mess on her tummy.

Fortunately, this incident means you won’t have to renew your Tard Card for another five years. I talked to the committee, and the decision was unanimous.

3. […] Franks and Beans […]

4. ARoss says:

Don’t worry Danny this crippled commenter still loves your insights.

5. Sis says:

praying and smiling… I don’t think you need to worry about getting t-boned

6. deti says:

Oh dear. It seems I’m in the Danny Doghouse, having cheated on your host with Sunshine Mary.

But being the devout man I am, I will say a prayer for your soul, danny. Just let me back in the house, k? Brody is farting all over the place out here.

Your humble servant,
    deti

7. Ton says:

I don’t but into karma. Bad shit happens to good people, which is why nothing bad happens to me.

8. Danny says:

No worries Danny, my little sister has Downs and its taken me years to learn not to be a douche, so you’re probably way better than me by now. You’re a good guy for caring.

Its funny you’re a Navy guy named Danny, I’m a Marine named Danny and I never thought I’d learn so much from a squid πŸ˜‰ Thanks for everything HM1

9. sunshinemary says:

I will honestly pray for you Danny, but it sounds like you are repentant. Look for an opportunity to do someone a good turn out of gratitude for the fact that, in Christ, your sins are no more.

And also maybe you just need to find a girl to give you the spanking you deserve? πŸ™‚

@ Deti
    You are such a blog slut.

10. Random Angeleno says:

Have done the foot in mouth up to the ankle thing with someone overhearing who was not meant to be there. Felt that one for a long time. Was at the top of the list when I went to confession years later for the first time since a teen. I feel for ya

11. Seraph says:

Uhhh,

This week they arrested a guy in Cleveland who had kept three women locked up as sex slaves for a decade.

Right now, there are finding a psycho women guilty of stabbing her boyfriend 25 times either before or after she shot him. Oh, she also slit his throat…in self defense.

I think you are WAAAAAAYYYY down on the evil F*** going straight to hell line, Danny.

Relax…You made a distracted mistake with no malice.

12. Senior Beta says:

So an HM1 fucked up? Just like the rest of humanity from time to time. Even officers screw up. But you already knew that. Hang in there.

13. redpillwifey says:

Bah, we all have our moments. Don’t sweat it. You’re a good guy. πŸ™‚

14. ARoss says:

Here’s something to ease your mind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBPJTK1YBvs

15. earl says:

It’s called being human. I pray rosaries everyday and still say terrible things about people when I have weak moments.

I think we all have this symptom…some people get lucky and have physical deformities but have the joy of being more loving. The rest of us get a working body…but we have to deal with having more hatred at times. I have an uncle with Down Syndrome and he doesn’t have a hateful bone in his body…but most of my relatives think he is dumb and should be ignored. I happen to think he is one of my favorite uncles and try to make more time to chat with him.

16. Your slate is clean brother… If you’re going to hell for a brain fart, I’ll save a seat for you on the bus I’m driving there.

17. Aw! You didn’t know she was mentally retarded. At least you have the heart to feel poorly for making the comment. Lot’s of people would have just said “efff it” and not thought about it at all.