Paw-Paw update

Took down the original post. It’s too inappropriate for the what’s actually going on on planet Danny.

i got a call last night from mom that Paw-Paw took a turn for the worse. he’s lost capacity in his left lung. we’re on stand-by for him to pass any day. don’t expect any updates to the site after tonight until i’m in the mind-set to post.

When I get an update, I’ll let you know. I know it’s not a particularly upbeat news flash, and isn’t something unexpected, it’s just the inevitable has arrived.

If anyone needs me I’ll be drinking heavily and listening to my Mexican drinking music.

29 Comments on “Paw-Paw update”

1. Matt says:

I’m less than a couple of hours away, so if there’s anything I can do to help, please let me know. Losing family sucks. I know, I don’t have any left.

2. earl says:

Your dad will be in my prayers.

3. Suz says:

I’m sorry Danny. I’ll be thinking of you and your family until we hear from you again. I wish you peace.

Let us all take a moment to reflect on the eldritch majesty of Grandfather Game; an elegant game from a more civilized era; when men were nothing less than men, educated as a matter of course in all matters fine, delicate, and excellent.

My own personal grandfather, a gentleman of infinite game, was an aficionado of of the finer things in life. His tastes in food, beverage, and fashion were beyond reproach of both king and clergy, god, monster or any man of refined sensibility that has ever or will ever live on this or all of the many planets universe and eon over. He had a particular fondness for cheap cigars, in particular a particular brand that was so particularly cheap as to be almost beyond free, Many austere proprietors of luxury tobacco and import shops the world over, shrewd businessmen who would sooner see their goods devolve into dust than loose their bony, gnarled hands upon for less than one penny lower than triple market price, would all but beg him to take them off their shelves and out of their minds. Noxious of taste, green of color, with an olfactory presence so absolutely offensive any unfortunate party within ten kilometers squared would be entirely robbed of any appetite for three days hence and thence in both directions, my grandfather greedily squandered them wherever they could be found.

After thirty years of marriage and near-constant assaults upon her nostrils, my grandmother decided she had had just slightly more than enough with these flaming morsels of moribund vegetation, and issued an ultimatum to our hero:

‘It’s either me, or the cigars. Make your choice, Robert.’

Our hero picked his first and most dear love from it’s resting place at his lip, his eyes misty with longing and loss, and tossed it to the ground, still lit and smoldering like so many cow-chip fires on the prairies of the rebel cowboys of yore.

Our rebel cowboy then calmly gathered his things, lit a fresh cigar, and moved to Florida. He smoked quite happily in peace for the next six months, when my grandmother called sobbing, begging him to return to her, cigar in hand.

Our protagonist gathered his cigars and returned the next day, and they lived happily ever after, their relationship enshrouded at all times by mutual love, adoration, and the foulest smoke you have ever smelled.

5. Ton says:

May the Almighty God bless you and yours Danny

6. CLG says:

sorry to see this man. at least you got to hang out with him this past Mardi Gras. keeping you and yours in my prayers.

7. […] Gigglebutt Goofball Game II […]

8. Stevo says:

My thoughts are with you mate – I’m going trough the same. Take care of everyone.

9. Sending my thoughts.

10. darlingdoll says:

Sending my thoughts and prayers your way.

11. TempestTcup says:

Sending good thoughts your way – take care of yourself during this sad time, okay?

12. redpillwifey says:

So sorry for the bad news, Danny. Praying for you and your family.

13. deti says:

I’ll be watching and praying, danny. Godspeed to paw paw and may he either recover quickly or head on Home quickly.

14. Hi Danny, I am sorry to hear about your Paw-Paw. 😦 Sending sweet thoughts your way …

15. Modern Drummer says:

My sympathy, Danny

16. dannyfrom504 says:

thank you all for the well wishes. spoke to Paw-Paw today and i’ll be back tomorrow. i’ll let you know what he told me.

again. thank you all. Paw-Paw said he appreciates all the prayers btw.

like i said, i really do have the best reader’s out there. stay up.

17. Glenfilthie says:

Condolences Danny. Heads up: men tend to look after everyone else in times like this…and forget about themselves.

You make sure to look after yourself during this crisis too.

Godspeed.

18. sunshinemary says:

Whoa, I missed this! So sorry to hear about this; you and your paw paw are in my prayers.

19. sunshinemary says:

Remember God’s promises. He is not a man that He should lie. What He has told us will come to pass will indeed come to pass:

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Revelation 21:1-4 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.

Death is temporary. You will see your paw paw again, and then he won’t be in that sick bed anymore. He will be able to STAND and DANCE before the throne of our Lord. Hallelujah, thanks be to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

20. daredodie says:

If you need to talk you can always email me!

21. Wolf says:

Danny,

I will be rooting for Paw-paw. Take care of yourself and your family.

Thank you. But he’s fading. If anything, pray that he passes painlessly.

• Wolf says:

I will do that. Like Deti said above, I will pray that he either recovers quickly or heads on Home painlessly.
        Good luck, mate.

PS
        Thank you for your writings. You write well, and your texts are really funny and very useful. I have learned a lot here. Thanks again.

22. Emma the Emo says: