Feminist’s Claim “Blurred Line’s” too Rapey

a few days ago i posted the video (and the NSFW version) of the song “blurred lines” by Robin Thicke. apparently the lyric, “you’re a good girl, you know you want it.” suggests non-consensual sex. enjoy.

WWTDD

The Independent

and huff-po even show’s pic’s of the nude models.
huff-po article

still LOVE the song. below is the NSFW video. and seriously, this song is my pre-game theme. it’s sooooo fucking money. i seriously wanna make a mess on the brunettes tummy. her name’s emily ratajkowski.

27 Comments on “Feminist’s Claim “Blurred Line’s” too Rapey”

1. pistudent says:

I loved this: “People say, ‘Hey, do you think this is degrading to women?’ I’m like, ‘Of course it is. What a pleasure it is to degrade a woman. I’ve never gotten to do that before. I’ve always respected women.'” agree and amplify

2. pistudent says:

Loved this “People say, ‘Hey, do you think this is degrading to women?’ I’m like, ‘Of course it is. What a pleasure it is to degrade a woman. I’ve never gotten to do that before. I’ve always respected women.'” Agree and amplify

3. There’s this bit in the The Independent article:

He said: “We were like, ‘We’re the perfect guys to make fun of this. People say, ‘Hey, do you think this is degrading to women?’ I’m like, ‘Of course it is. What a pleasure it is to degrade a woman. I’ve never gotten to do that before. I’ve always respected women.’

This is how it’s done: Agree and amplify. His comments are disarming because he’s agreeing with the criticism. He knows it’ll be called misogynystic and he doesn’t care.

Rock on, Robin Thicke. I’ll be checking out more of his stuff.

4. ARoss says:

Well yeah, this guy’s dad is the biggest Canadian badass ever! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Thicke

5. M3 says:

What’s wrong with pointing out that a girl who’s really into you, playing off your vibe, and is totally sending out indications that she wants you and is DTF…

..that you know she wants it?

I say the exact same thing to my girl when she’s mewing all over me and is ripping my belt buckle off. I say it because she is a good girl, and i know she wants it.

So wtf feminists… WTF!?!?!?

As to the video.. first time i saw it i thought ‘hmmmm, this is different’. It’s not a mass choreographed shit shmorgusborg of pop fluff, autotune and lens flares. It’s 2 guys relaxed against a wall singing while women who seem genuinely happy to be around such a suave alpha with sexy looks are simply dancing sensually, playfully and seductively off the 2 men.

Zero thoughts of rape entered my mind.

Feminists have a fucking mental disease. There is nothing else to say. They should hold their own special Olympics. Gold medals for all participants in the event of manufacturing victimhood.

when i read it on WWTDD, i loffed, i KNEW i had to post about it.

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM, dannyfrom504

• earl says:

“Feminists have a fucking mental disease.”

It’s called pointing out perceived faults in others…so that they can ignore their own.

• CLG says:

a lot of the articles and questions of rapeyness seem to all give homage to this “feminist in L.A.” blog… if only there were a way we could convince PUAHATE to go after her…

6. Days of Broken Arrows says:

As Roissy once said, feminism is about giving women free reign sexually, while restricting men sexually.

The criticism over this video is because it’s the sexual expression of a man. Had Ke$ha done the same thing, they’d be dancing on rooftops. Feminists will give a break to black men (and gay men), though, in this regard, but if you’re a white guy who is anything but castrated and neutered they’ll call you “rapey,” as they did to Mr. Thicke here.

By the way, this is why we have the plague of young, white hipster dudes who exhibit no masculine qualities at all — they’re trying to avoid being characterized as “rapey,” and therefore de-sexualize themselves. Our era is like the Victorian Age in reverse, where only men are shamed for their sexuality, at least when it comes to the media.

uuuuuum. kesha DOES do the same thing. lol. but she’s a guuuuuurl, so she can do it.

” this is why we have the plague of young, white hipster dudes who exhibit no masculine qualities at all — they’re trying to avoid being characterized as “rapey,” and therefore de-sexualize themselves.”

yeah, but guys like that make it easier for guys like us. good to see you here brother.

7. Perseus says:

Speaking of rapey, what advice would you give on touching girls out at the bars? By that I mean how do you initiate physical contact without coming across as a creep? I’m ability to easily hold conversations with women but I don’t think I give out the flirty vibe enough and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I am hesitant to initate physical contact. Any thoughts?

they call it mirroring. you “mirror” her behavior. make her laugh. when she laughs compliment her smile. continue teasing her when she smiles or laughs a second time, tell her you’re pretty good at making her smile and if she keeps smiling like that she might end up pregnant. ” or, when she she smiles or laughs tell her she’s she’s cute and ask her if she has any idea what running through your mind right now. when she ask what, just say confusedly, “i can’t really go into too much detail but i’m pretty sure it’ll be over in 8 second and may end in a 9 month gestation period.”

you will have brung the lull. when she touched you, you may then touch her- stick to arm or knee until she ups the ante.

Upgrade your pregame.

9. Spiralina says:

I’m sorry, I’m a girl and I just watched that video and I LOVE IT! It’s cute and playful, the men look handsome and the women look beautiful. If anyone sees “rape” in that video, it’s coming from their own sick minds because all I saw was a light, happy celebration of human sexuality. Western feminism is so whiny and tiresome.

10. CLG says:

A lot of words for some over-sensitized feminism. The misandry flowing through those “articles” is only accentuated by the troubling reverence given to a rather unintelligible feminist blog. Enough inches are dedicated to the “rapey”aspect of song that I’m sure even Ron Jeremy couldn’t compete. One final note: if a woman says “I know you want it”, she is simply stating biological imperative, but a man saying this means he is not cocky or arrogant, but assuming away consent.

11. Dr. Illusion says:

Danny, I curse you for making me endure something that was very much like rap. If it ain’t country or Southern Rock, I’m not interested. You coming to Vegas with us?