ITLR: The Piano Man

So, I mentioned I was going to explain HOW I ended up in the Navy, and make no mistake, I ENDED UP here. Lol. I was a young man of 20, living in a small town in Texas- just outside of Corpus. I had attended junior college for a year, and was working at a refinery. I didn’t like college, and I have severe dyslexia (which accounts for 50% of my typos, the other 50 is plain old laziness) and could not pass college algebra. Still haven’t been able to get past “REMEDIAL” college algebra. So there’s that. Well, I was working at the job, it was a great gig. I had a GF and I was in love with. Life was fucking peachy. One day, I had an epiphany. I was at a friend’s BBQ, watching football with the GF, and I noticed something.

I was there with friends, some had graduated HS 3-4 years before I did, and I drove to work with 2 of said friends. They had a kid or kids. I realized I was going to be just like them. I’d end up getting girl pregnant, I’d buy a house there in town, and I’d be working the job…..maybe even getting promoted. but i’d be there for the rest of my life.

And it scared the shit out of me.

One of my friends had a brother in the navy. He got letters from him from Spain. I KNEW that I wanted to do that as well. Next thing you know, I was enlisted and was going to go to boot-camp, then Corpseman “A” school.

This marked the first adult decision I had made in my entire life and the first decision that did NOT have anything to do with women. As a young man all we think about is pussy. Sorry, but it’s true. Once I knew something other than urine could come from my mule, I was on a mission. Lol. As a young man most of your decisions center around GIRLS. Sad, but true.

But this time, I was making a decision for ME, just about ME, and the benefit ME. And all I wanted to do was live in Europe. I was raw when it came to game, but it came to me eventually. But the most important and biggest red-pill part of my decision was that I was centered on what was in MY best interest. Of course the inability to thrive in academia might have gotten me OUT of the Navy, but really didn’t like coolege. Lol. Besides it’s a sham anyway. This post is meant to send a message to the young men in the ‘Sphere. The SINGLE young men. I fully understand a man that is married is making decisions based on what’s best for his FAMILY, I get that.

No. This is for the 20 year old cats wandering this world in a fog. This is YOUR LIFE. It only happens ONE TIME. What are you going to do with it? Put down the video game, go outside, get an interesting hobby. Learn to do things that interest you that you DON’T know how to do. Once I retire, I’m taking piano lessons. My Paw-Paw was a GREAT piano player. Now that he’s gone I’d like to be the one playing piano. I could care LESS what anyone thinks about it. I have hobbies, things that relax me, things that have NOTHING to do with women. But guess what, ALL WOMEN I know think said hobbies are sexy.

Now, I’m almost 40. I’ve lived all over the world. I’ve learned game, I have TONS of cool stories to tell, I do well with women BECAUSE of what I did in my life. You’ve already found the blogs, so you have a head start. You’ll get good with women, that’ll come as you understand and practice it. But it doesn’t matter how good you are with game if you’re just plain uninteresting. Notice most of my posts are stories from my past since…..well, my life is kind of boring right now since i’m focusing on my up-coming retirement. But I’m actually jealous of you younger cats because you know a lot more about this than I did in my 20’s. Had I known then, what I know now….yeah, I know it’s cliché’, but I blog to pass on to younger cats things I’ve PROVEN works. And look at me, I’m NOT a great looking guy and I’m short as fuck. I want you guys to do me a favor- pick a month, ANY month, and take up a hobby you’ve always been interested in. QUIT THINKING ABOUT WOMEN during this month. Become a better you.

Watch the results, and up your game.

When a woman asks me what I do for a living and I like her I’ll say, “I’m a professional girl kisser and world traveler. I’m also an amateur chef.” Lol. Which isn’t really that far from the truth. They smile and laugh, and of course I compliment her smile. She’ll get somewhat embarrassed and I’ll tell her her BF is lucky. If I find she’s single, I ask her if she taking applications. Lol. Never NOT number closed with that. And it only takes 3 minutes.

Looking forward to hear what hobby you undertook.

As an aside: I’m heading over to NO on the 7th or 8th of October, then Vegas 9th-11th. then back in NO for the 11th-15th. If you’re gonna be in the area, shoot me an email.

Stay up.

22 Comments on “ITLR: The Piano Man”

1. ba says:

Similar story here. Found myself working at J.C. Penney’s selling mens’ clothes. Saw the older guys still selling suits at 50ish. Asked myself if that’s what I wanted. Decided to make a change & joined the Army.

Girlfriend got the ass when I told her. I should’ve dumped her on the spot for not being supportive of my self-improvement. That was a mistake. The Army was not a mistake.

2. andrew says:

I learned how to tune pianos a long time ago. I’m rusty but if you do end up moving near me, let me know.

3. Spacetraveller says:

Um,

Female entering locker room…
    But bearing a white flag 🙂
    My hamster and I come in peace 😀

This is a great post, Danny. I confirm that there is no better magnetic pull for a woman than a man who has made his own way and could continue without a woman.

And then nothing will stop her getting him 😛

It is even more important for a man than it is for a woman to get his life in order. And that starts with his ‘mission’.

Without your ‘mission’, you have nothing to offer a woman. Sad but true. This is how the world judges you men.

We women are judged differently. That is how it is.

So kudos to you Danny for formulating and living out your mission.
    You have the self-confidence that you did it YOUR way.

Frank Sinatra ain’t got nothin’ on you, Maestro.
    This navyphilic lady salutes you.

4. Anon says:

Hi Danny,

as I was in my teens and early twenties I was really, really unskilled in terms of game. That means, I was socially awkward, clingy and needy when it came to girls. I am currently in my thirties and things leveled out. But to help the socially awkward, clingy and needy younger guys out there, what can you do to dig yourself out of such a situation? Perhaps you or your readers have some advice.

5. Senior Beta says:

Brother in law’s adopted son is 17. Wants to go Coast Guard. Not a bad choice but I gave him this blog to do a little Navy recruiting. My Navy experience not much of a motivator since I was an officer. Another brother in law (Navy enlisted) hated his time aboard ship and pushing the Coast Guard. You may be the tie breaker. Especially with the Spain and Japan stories. Told him to read all your archived posts.

6. Matt says:

Trouble with remedial Algebra? So, did you get Brody from the Thinking Brain Dog insttute to assist you in every day life?

I know somebody who has a Guide Dog (TM). The guy is really funny and his wife must have been smoking hot when they married. She’s aged very gracefully, not smoking hot anymore, but still has grace and poise,

7. Mostly Lurking says:

re: ” Of course the inability to thrive in academia might have gotten me OUT of the Navy, but really didn’t like coolege. Lol. Besides it’s a sham anyway.”

Hi Deti – I’m a new poster and enjoy your posts.

I don’t understand the comment above. College represented some of the best, most alive years of my life, was transformative, and helped me create a better future. I don’t understand saying it’s a sham. Or is this more maintaining frame?

While there’s lots of things in life I’d change in my life, college probably isn’t one of them.

well that was you. and i’m glad it help you and you had fun.

but as far as i’m concerned, college is a liberal transformation institution. most of the degrees are worthless. and if you show any sign of disagreement of free thought, you vilified. i liked college only b/c it was JC and i was banging strippers. but it taught me very little.

8. RojoC says:

I mentioned joining the military earlier this year, but now I have other thoughts/interesting ideas floating around in my head. We’ll see…

I’ll acknowledge the point that it’s wrong to make women your sole focus, and I’m not saying I do generally. However, the need to get out of ones system is distracting (especially if you don’t have access to it). Shit, it is what it is I guess.

go to trade school. welders can write their own ticket. IF you join the military, they’ll pay for it and you’ll have 4-5 years experience. that or do any trade school: plumbing, mechanics, electrician, HVAC, carpentry, heave equipment operation. THEY pay WELL on the out side.

• RojoC says:

I’m going to try to make a business out of beer. God help me! Learning to cold approach and bang 8 and 9s would be child’s play compared to this kind of challenge I’m going to potentially throw myself into.

Oh yeah, I love beer! Beer is near and dear to my heart.

9. Inane Rambler says:

Glad I saw this story.

Although I got to admit that the Navy was not what I expected it to be, and it wassn’t the organization I joined when I got out. Complete 180.

10. Nothing is more sexy than a man with a passion for something, anything really. Even my husband recently picked up a new hobby and I find it incredibly sexy that he is into and excited about something even though the hobby itself isn’t sexy. Life can get pretty blah and boring when you are married with kids. I know you are single and this was meant for single guys, but I truly think it can apply to any guy, single or not.
    Just a thought…Bea

11. […] Dannyfrom504 proposed a challenge to his readers to quit thinking about women and take up a hobby that you’ve always been interested in for the duration of a month. Now, obviously you can’t shut up the “Ineedtofucksomething” switch in your head, but the idea is to ignore it for the most part. Anyway, after reading what Danny had to say I found myself in a similar situation as him in his younger days. It’s really dawned on me that I don’t have much of a plan for my life and am largely just going by society’s defined script (high school, college, career). All I’m doing with my life right now is working nearly every day and going to school part time. And while the work I’m doing is alright and pays decent it’s basically backbreaking labor with no future beyond leading a company or becoming a salesman both of which I have zero interest in. I’ve seen the men who keep working in this field past 30 and it isn’t pretty. […]