A Mothers Hamster

talked to my mom the other day about the family reunions. i mentioned needing to start looking for a few acres and my going to delgado’s welding program. that i’ll be likely staying in a monthly pay hotel in metairie (i ain’t living with mom). i told mom my woman situation and that i’m honest with them and they both know i’m leaving jax in 6 months, so they’re just going with it. they know if they meet someone they see as long term, i won’t guilt trip them. they have my 100% support on the new relationship.

i told mom i really don’t expect to be in a relationship until i get settled in louisiana and mom hit me with this-

“don’t you think living on a few acres in a travel trailer will deter a woman from a relationhip with you?”

God bless her. i love my mom, i do. but being a woman, even a red-pill woman; she still has a hamster. i told her that i wasn’t concerned if a woman didn’t approve of my living arrangements.

I.AM.GOING.TO.DO.THIS.

i told my mom that my future plans don’t revolve around what a woman thinks of it. again, it’s a common subject in the Sphere: a man must have a vision, a purpose, a destination. that destination must NEVER be founded on a woman or a woman’s approval. do what you feel is best for you. when you do women will gravitate towards you.

any woman that would dismiss me based on my living situation (that i have actively sought out, not ended up in) is a woman i could give a fuck about. i’m looking forward to my retirement, i’m looking forward to my living situation. i own a home , and i HATE it. i can’t wait to get rid of my fucking house…….and it’s nice (ask uncle Mitch). but it’s too much for me.

me, Brody, a few acres in Cajun country, my trailer, my micro farm, and working a few months a year welding.

i can’t fucking wait.

a woman…pffft. whatever. they’re never in short supply. and they come and go like trains.

18 Comments on “A Mothers Hamster”

1. BC says:

So. Much. Wisdom.
    So many quotable lines.

And so true about owning a house except under the most ideal circumstances, and even then it can end up being more of a hassle than it is worth in terms of total cost of possession.

2. Mister E says:

About twelve years ago, I lost a job at a major corporation and had to move back in with my in-laws. I love my in-laws, but I need to make it on my own. That is part of who I am. No coat tails for me. After a couple of months, I picked up a job that payed better, had a few nice perks, but was in a somewhat rural area. My wife said that we would do two years max at that location, her thoughts, not mine. Two years came and went. She started in on me about moving closer to her folks and or a bigger city. Her rant went something like this “I hate this house, I hate this city, I hate your work, and I hate you”. I just stood there staring at her. All I could think about was there is food on the table, a roof over your head, a car in the garage, money in the bank, and you are bitchin’ about location. I could have spit nails. Then she hit me with the I’m not happy line. I said so what? She had the option to walk. I’ve never held anything over her head. There is the door sweetie if you think you can do any better somewhere else. She stayed. She is much more content these days. How I hate that damn hamster. It still rears its ugly head every now and then. Death to the hamster!

I can sympathize with you on the down sizing and doing your own thing. Less is more and you have to do what is best for you. If you do find a woman that is willing to live in those conditions, she will be a keeper for sure. Happy hunting.

3. ASF says:

I actually doubt it will deter them…some yes, but not all. There was a story I read about some dude who had no home and lived on a boat in the swamp or something, and he had gf’s. WOrst comes to worst you can shack up with a gator.

4. dave1941 says:

Owning property anywhere in the USA forces you to support the local K-12 system, where the three Rs have been replaced by the three Ss (sex, self-esteem, and social justice). What will happen to our beloved public schools if men of able mind and body decide to work 10 hours a week and live in travel trailers?

As a product of La. public school system I can you it was broken for a LOOOOONG time.

My sisters did Catholic school. Iain’t planning on having kids, so all I can do is what I feel works for me.

5. Spacetraveller says:

Long live Mom’s hamster!!!!
    πŸ™‚

Ok, Ok, I know…
    πŸ˜€

Give the hamster a break, Sir. It is a part of us…I think without the hamster, we cannot be women.
    Amiright?

πŸ˜›

The hamster makes me angry here. It ruins possible decent relationship by placing overly high standards on men and absolving women of any asshole behavior.

• Spacetraveller says:

OK, I see your point, Danny.
      If I look at it another way: if your Mom didn’t care, she wouldn’t say what she did.

I suppose no other woman is allowed to say what she said.

But your Mom, she gets a free pass πŸ˜›

6. joe sixpack says:

tell me about the welding thing. Do you have a job lined up? or is it that you are going to get the training first then worry about a job? My son is a senior in high school. He hates school so will not be going on to college. I don’t care if he goes to college or not. In fact I am convinced it is a waste of money for most people. But if he doesn’t do that, what IS he going to do? I’ve heard that there are tons of jobs in the trades available, but hell if I know where to look.

I’m interested in welding. So I’ll pursue it. Trade skills are money makers now. Teach your bit to work with his hands. He’ll fare better in trade school than some absurd social degree.

If he can learn a trade skill in hight school, you’ll save some money.

• MissMarie says:

At leasy in my area, trades are a big deal. Welding, tool & die, motor/machine repair, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electric, so on and so forth. If he can get 3 or 4 under his belt, even better. And CDL always comes in handy. If he can learn skills and preferably apprentice under someone good he’ll always be able to find something. And those skills are manly and attractive as hell πŸ˜€

• joe sixpack says:

thanks for the comment MissMarie. Do you have any specific companies that I could contact on behalf of my son?

My boy is a mans man, way cooler and magnetic than I ever was. He plays hardball with the girls with aloof/attractive game. People of all ages are just drawn to him. It’s impressive to watch. Unfortunately He doesn’t know what he wants to be when he grows up. And his high school grades are iffy. But that’s just because they don’t matter to him if he’s not learning useful things. I think he’s just going to have to get some jobs and figure out what he likes or doesn’t like and take it from there. Will save 4 years of college expense.

7. Mister E says:

“The hamster …[when women place] overly high standards on men and absolving [themselves] of any asshole behavior.”

That’s the best definition I’ve heard for what the hamster is. Call Webster….

8. cavemanwoman says:

Yo I’d move out and live with you