Harpies

Harpy– “The literal meaning of the word seems to be “that which snatches” as it comes from the Greek word harpazein (ἁρπάζειν), which means “to snatch”.

the harpy

the harpy

i swear on my mother’s soul that this happened. it went down less than an hour of this post (i started typing at 2:00am EST).

the scene: my local watering hole/sports bar.

the protagonists- a VERY drunk man (late 20’s-early 30’s) and his wife- same age.

the actors- 3 women/3 men: an off duty police woman, a waitress of said local having a drink off clock, a female waitress of the local (married), manager (male), bartender (male), myself.

i will not post opinions, only what i witnessed. i’ll share my take on this after i give the facts.

i showed up at my local after doing an interview with Aurini and the bartender brought me my beer. i was watching football highlights. there was a woman (the cop) sitting in the middle of the bar (it’s a rectangle shaped bar) and talking with the bartender, she’s a regular. suddenly a woman (female protagonist) walked in, she was walking pretty quickly. i dismissed it and went back to watching ESPN. said woman left. aaaaaaaaalright.

the woman then stormed back in about 10 minutes later, camera phone in hand. well, when she first came in she was standing behind a bar pillar which obstructed my view, so i didn’t see much. well this time, she was in plain view. her posturing was VERY aggressive and she took a few pictures. then i heard “….while your fucking child cries himself to sleep.” she was pointing aggressively at the woman (off duty waitress, who was sitting alone until dude came over to her) and the on duty waitress as she spoke. i heard “……WHORE….” then she stormed out.

the bartender then took notice, the manager showed up, and i went on alert. guys from the kitchen started coming wondering what the fuck was going on. the woman came back in after a few minutes and was yelling at dude (he’d moved to the bar) and the waitress (she was at the table trying to close guy out because he was HAMMERED), i heard her (HEARD HER) threaten to shatter the windows on his corvette despite the fact that it was in her name, she brought up his not having a job, and her leaving him.

at this point i feel the duty to point out that i had learned he had hit on the both waitresses and the on duty waitress was trying to close him out so he could leave. the bartender was calling a cab because he was obviously wasted, and the off duty cop was constantly telling guy to “shut up, close your mouth” as drunky mcdrunkster argued with his wife. finally the bartender told her to leave.

she didn’t leave, she stayed in her SUV while we waited for a cab. by this point the cops were called.

she came BACK in and continued to threaten him with taking the kid, the house, telling him what a loser he was and belittling him (not saying he’s a class act mind you). but she kept telling him how she was going to make sure he ended up in jail and to get his ass home. this time, the manager and bartender had her leave and she sat in her SUV. the cab showed up and the off duty cop (he came onto her as well), got him in a cab and sent him off to a street with a few hotels. the wife followed the cab as it pulled away.

what i just shared is 100% true. i’m not saying the guy is without fault, he was/is an asshole. but what i took from it was how his wife acted. it was VERY clear that she was going to make sure he went to jail. even off duty cop acknowledged he was going to end up in jail. bartender called the cops and told them to instead head to the street the off duty cop sent them and gave a description of the vehicles.

what i saw solidifies why i simply won’t get married. i’m not going so far as to say ALL women are like this, but far too many are this way to make me even consider marriage. i have a young cousin that got his gf (she’s 20 btw) pregnant and she acts the same way as the wife in this post.

and both men (my cousin and the drunk) are stuck with these women.

say what you want, but the drunk guy i can at least SORT OF forgive. he was drunk. while it doesn’t excuse his behavior; it at least explains it. his wife however was quite composed and acting in a precise manner. she was a fucking demon on a mission. actually she reminded me of (looks and personality wise) this lovely creature.

on a side note-loving RoK getting some MSM attenshinz

27 Comments on “Harpies”

1. Spawny Get says:

You know much of the manosphere hates the quickie, no fault divorce, but me? I think that there’s a time and a place for it. You go guy…in fact, run!

(I suspect he’s a lowlife, but she’s out of control, I see her DVing him any now, assuming that she doesn’t already).

2. Doktor Bill says:

Wow. Drama and Trauma; probably not her 1st Episode, and not the last either. At least you got a free floorshow.

3. earl says:

Isn’t it great to have the insider info…when I’m out and about IRL and see scenes like this you don’t need much info to know the type when a woman acts out. It’s cheaper than a movie and more entertaining. Plus the points for NOT white knighting in those situations.

Here’s a point I’d like to make because I’ve almost made these mistakes…keep it in the locker room. Revealing yourself will get you in trouble as well. Fight your own fights. Thankfully because of these places I know that there will be no white knighting from me. I will be taking it in poolside leaving no mental stone unturned.

4. Apparently Levi and I don’t get out enough…sounds entertaining. I would say that I could introduce you to some awesome women, but they are all married. Maybe there is something to that…And not all my married friends would fall into the awesome category by any means…in fact sometimes I wince at comments they make in front of their husbands…thankfully nothing quite this dramatic. Geez. Hand the girl a drink…she needs to relax. There are much better ways to handle a carousing, alcoholic husband.

5. Tin Man says:

Pretty much sums it up for me. Luckily, I got my ration of shit in the privacy of my own home – and most of the time when she and I were alone – no fighting in front of the kids (or at least the yelling and screaming kind).

The first one was about 6 months after being married when I asked if a MY check had come in from a client, she found it and started waving it in front of me, and I said “give me MY damned check” … it was on from there. Thanks for providing me with more evidence of me being glad I’m single again!

6. Richard Cranium says:

This is one of my absolute deal breakers. I grew up in a family of loud-mouth bossy Italian women and I have not one second of patience for it. The first inkling you’re lime this and yer out!

I will never be told what to do, what to wear, what time I can stay out to etc.

I’ve seen guys put up with the most unbelievable treatment from women and when I ask why they just shrug and mumble something about that they are “getting some” (probably 4 times a year if they’re lucky). Not an even trade off for me 99.99999% of bitchy vs. .0000001% sexy time ain’t worth it.

But somehow I’m the “weirdo” for not signing on to this antiquated custom. Because I choose to run my life the way I see fit.

7. MissMarie says:

Perhaps if she possessed a more pleasant personality her husband might be home instead of getting schnockered at a bar…

8. moe jones says:

What would he get arrested for?

9. […] Harpy- “The literal meaning of the word seems to be “that which snatches” as it comes from the Greek word harpazein (ἁρπάζειν), which means “to snatch”. the harpy i swear on my mother’s soul that this happened.  […]

10. […] she came BACK in and continued to threaten him with taking the kid, the house, telling him what a lo… […]

11. Just Saying says:

“she came BACK in and continued to threaten him with taking the kid, the house, telling him what a loser he was and belittling him ”

I have never understood a woman’s need to do this – I have told women – “you catch more bees with honey than you do with vinegar” and yet they will continue to dish out the vinegar when a little bit of honey would go a LONG way to make their life much better. It is why people say when a woman isn’t happy – no one is going to be happy.

This is why it is good to be able to walk away – I’ve had women who were obviously angry come up to me and I tell them, “You can walk away and come back when you’re calm, or you are gone and can go your your own way. Your choice, so choose your next actions well.” Of course, I have only had one actually listen – the others have continued to vent, at which point I tell them the solution is simple – “you are out of my life, good luck”.

This is why I will never marry. Imagine having to come home to THAT every night. I know guys that actually do it. They are better men than I am, I just don’t put up with that crap. One of the reasons I like much younger women – they tend to be nicer. Of course, the fact that they are one of several helps too since I’ve told one who was obviously looking for an argument – “look, ,we can call this. I’ll take you home and call someone else and have sex with her tonight – your call.” If you ever make the mistake of giving a woman power over you, you are in deep do-do….

The fiery temperament can be a turn on – once or twice, but it gets old fast.

12. Legion says:

I think I understand the etymology of ‘harpy’. since the Greeks are so witty and harpies are female, they obviously just meant ‘snatch’.
    As far as looks, I would say at least one of the harpies should be blonde, like my ex.

13. […] i just realized that THIS should be linked here as […]

14. patriarchal landmine says:

if he had not just lost his job, would his wife even have cared that he was hitting on another woman?

maybe, if she thought it would lead to a fat payout.